Charles Dutton is my favorite underrated actor

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
(Besides Don Cheadle &Keith David) Mr. Dutton is my fav underrated actor. From Menace II Society to Roc to Alien 3 or whatever. Charles Dutton always delivers. He never gets the credit he deserves imo

The 1st 3eps of Roc

From Alien 3

And the real reason why 'Roc' was canceled. I got this from IMDB

I was watching rock one day my father told me why the show was canceled for real.

Charles S. Dutton stopped the show becuase of the topics he had on his show. If you remember the show was changed becuase the president of fox at the time didnt like the topics that Roc was basing the show around about drugs and violence. So the producers wanted to change the format of the show. The show started to focus on stupid stuff like Roc and his Gay uncle who was played by richard roundtree being engaged to a white man. THat was the producers changing the show. Well charles s dutton went against the producers and started making the show the way he wanted it to be like it was before with out all the stupidity that the producers change the show. If you remeber this happened to alot of black shows. Meosha,One on One and Malcom and Eddie. They all got canceled. The change the format of the show to something stupid.

This all got started becuase of an episode that Roc made about police brutality. Anyone remembered the episode where Roc brother Joey got a fancy apartment in a fancy neighborhood. The police harrassed Roc and threw him in Jail becuase he looked supicious. Well the president of Fox was outraged and accussed Charles S. Dutton of being a communist. The Fox president was Quoted saying that SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD NEVER EVER HAPPEN IN AMERICA. This encouraged the producer to change the format of the show. But Roc fought against it and sayed he would no longer do the show so they canceled it.

Charles Dutton was too real for these muthafukkas. :salute:to Mr. Dutton

Thizzlam

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The late Phillip Seymour Hoffman has always been my favorite underrated actor and I am in the process of watching all his flicks. Off the strength of this thread I'm gonna check out Dutton. PROPS

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
He has the ill ability of using his emotions to relay what he is trying to say. Like earlier today there, was that episode of Roc. Where Andre (the brother Clifton Powell...who plays in every damn thing), move in the neighborhood and Roc setup an neighborhood watch. There was and interaction between Charles & Clifton at the meeting you just feel the actual tension in the monologue. Brother is very slept on.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
He has the ill ability of using his emotions to relay what he is trying to say. Like earlier today there, was that episode of Roc. Where Andre (the brother Clifton Powell...who plays in every damn thing), move in the neighborhood and Roc setup an neighborhood watch. There was and interaction between Charles & Clifton at the meeting you just feel the actual tension in the monologue. Brother is very slept on.

I.used to love when he would show up and they would get into it Andre callin him Trash Man..remember when dope men used to be despised in the hood but now everybody wanna be one *sheesh*