Charges dropped against Colorado man accused of killing girlfriend’s baby because DA told a reporter he only babysat to ‘get laid’

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A Colorado man charged with murdering his girlfriend’s 10-month-old baby had his charges dismissed this week after a judge ruled the lead prosecutor violated his right to due process by telling a reporter he only babysat the infant to “get laid.”

William Jacobs, 22, was accused of shaking baby Edward Hayes to death after he was found unresponsive in a motel room in Cañon City, about 40 miles south of Colorado Springs, in May 2023, according to local reports.

An order granting the motion to dismiss was filed Wednesday by Fremont County District Court Judge Kaitlin Turner after the district attorney prosecuting the case gave a shocking interview disparaging the suspect, The Cañon City Daily Record reported.

Advertisement
Jacobs was the last person to care for Edward after the baby’s mother and his girlfriend, 21-year-old Brook Crawford, left the two alone while she went to work.

William Jacobs
Murder charges have been dropped against 22-year-old William Jacobs, who was accused of killing a 10-month-old baby. Cañon City Police Department
A coroner ruled that the baby died of blunt-force trauma to the head. He was arrested on May 21 and charged with first-degree murder.

Advertisement
But the charges were ultimately dropped because of comments 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley made during an interview with a local news outlet about the case that amounted to “outrageous government conduct,” the judge ruled.

“I’m going to be very blunt here. He [referring to Mr. Jacobs] has zero investment in this child. Zero,” the DA told KRDO in August. “He’s watching that baby so he can get laid. That’s it. And have a place to sleep.”

“I’m sorry to be that blunt, but honest to God, that’s what’s going on,” she added.

The prosecutor additionally disclosed that he had been previously charged with a sex crime, had spent time in a juvenile detention center and had a “violent past.”

“This conduct violated Mr. Jacobs’ right to due process. As a result, dismissal of the charges is an appropriate remedy,” Turner wrote.

• Sad
Reactions: MMS

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
“This conduct violated Mr. Jacobs’ right to due process. As a result, dismissal of the charges is an appropriate remedy,” Turner wrote.#

Dumbest shyt I've ever heard in my life.

I bet you if he was a black or brown person charged with terrorism that disparaging media comments about him wouldn't be enough to get the case abandoned :mjpls:

Hopefully he faces justice on the outside.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The prosecutor additionally disclosed that he had been previously charged with a sex crime, had spent time in a juvenile detention center and had a “violent past.”
Dude is also a sex-offender. :gucci:

edit: well, should be...i don't know if him being a juvenile at the time put him on the list

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Dumbest shyt I've ever heard in my life.

I bet you if he was a black or brown person charged with terrorism that disparaging media comments about him wouldn't be enough to get the case abandoned :mjpls:

Hopefully he faces justice on the outside.
Appropriate remedy is remove the attorney from the case or even fire them if its that bad.. You dont let a killer walk.. WHAT. THE. fukk.