Chapelles way of apoligizing to Wayne Brady for questionin his blackness,was makin him a stereotype?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
What the fukk are you talking about?:mjlol:
shyt has nothing to do with stereotypes or c00ning the whole idea is that Wayne Brady is really some dangerous wild nikka and not the safe,wholesome guy he portrays on tv like Gummbel.
Malcom was the boogyman to Cacs that's why Mooney made the joke.

Op mad at chappelle for nothing.:mjlol:

chappelle not only made you laugh, he got people talking about social issues ie the wider determinants of health.
according to this thread as a 6 certs breh my seed wont be allowed to talk/ discuss/ joke about black issues because they not raised in the ''hood'':snoop:

this is worse than click bait and these type of threads should be automatic bushes status:camby:

Context is everything,the reason why he did the sketch is the problem. THe sketch was done to make up for questioning Waynes blackness. So he wrote a bunch of negative stereotypical things for Wayne to do as a way of saying "What if Wayne is blacker than we thought:skip:?". I wouldn't say that about your kids,but there would be lines they should not be able to cross. How would you feel about a white man writing over the top negative stereotypes of black people?

He may not be from the hood but Dave Chappelle is from DC, "Chocolate City," and is very aware of himself and his surroundings, I find no issue with him speaking on black issues whether it be about "the hood" or not.

Making Wayne Brady do those things on the Chappelle show was comedic irony. Simple.

Are you saying the same man who didn't realize he was borderline c00ning when he was dressing up in KKK outfits,but instead didn't realize until a white guy laughed to hard at one of his jokes is "very aware":mjlol:

You can be very aware by way of being a vulture and apart of the peanut gallery:martin:.Doesn't mean he is qualified to handle the way black people from a hood background are respresented. I view him in the same lane as Donald Glover,both fall short and write over the top,unauthentic caricatures of what is supposed to be hood. Chapelle just flew under the radar.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Context is everything,the reason why he did the sketch is the problem. THe sketch was done to make up for questioning Waynes blackness. So he wrote a bunch of negative stereotypical things for Wayne to do as a way of saying "What if Wayne is blacker than we thought:skip:?". I wouldn't say that about your kids,but there would be lines they should not be able to cross. How would you feel about a white man writing over the top negative stereotypes of black people?

Are you saying the same man who didn't realize he was borderline c00ning when he was dressing up in KKK outfits,but instead didn't realize until a white guy laughed to hard at one of his jokes is "very aware":mjlol:

You can be very aware by way of being a vulture and apart of the peanut gallery:martin:.Doesn't mean he is qualified to handle the way black people from a hood background are respresented. I view him in the same lane as Donald Glover,both fall short and write over the top,unauthentic caricatures of what is supposed to be hood. Chapelle just flew under the radar.
The joke was "white pepole love Wayne Brady because____"
Not "Wayne Brady isnt black because___"
You really puttin Extras on the shyt.

The whole Joke is based on him being SAFE.
White people Love Kevin Hart because hes SAFE
They used to love Bill Cosby too...Why because he was SAFE.
Same Reason they love The Rock..
All proud Black Men...

White people were SCARED of the likes of Malcom X, Muhamaud Ali etc bexause they were radical and felt threatened by them.

In the skit he didnt turn Wayne into a fried Chicken eating,40 ounce drinking,Gangbanging c00n, He turned him into a Murderous Psychopath NOTHING to do with being a black sterotype. :heh:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
It would have been corny if it wasn’t actually Wayne Brady playing the part. But it was all in the name of comedy relax op

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
hrFXFdy.gif

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
He may not be from the hood but Dave Chappelle is from DC, "Chocolate City," and is very aware of himself and his surroundings, I find no issue with him speaking on black issues whether it be about "the hood" or not.

Making Wayne Brady do those things on the Chappelle show was comedic irony. Simple.
Silver spring.

I understand what you're saying OP. Never even looked at it that way :ohhh:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Wayne was offended by that Paul Mooney joke saying white people loved him because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X. So I guess Chappelle decides "Lets show them how black you really are by making you a pimp,drug dealer,gangsta:mjgrin:"

After finding out Chappelle wasn't really from the hood,it really makes me view the way he represents hood people in his writing,in a whole new light:martin:

This dude really was c00ning. Doing black face as a black man,unnaceptable as a suburbanite.
And yall killed Chris Rock for that nikkas Vs Black People routine the other day,keep that same energy:sas2:

Shut the fukk up

Chappelle is the goat

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
the only time the type of black man wayne brady was depicting in that sketch is seen as a "stereotype" is when put in the context where white people can see them :martin:

dave chappelle knows the type of black man that we universally accept; the pimp/thug/smoking/cursing hood nikka. :manny:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Chapelle skits be c00n shyt, but I understand why Wayne loves playing that shyt. He just wanted to show that he ain’t sweet and he can relate to street nikkas. Dude got tired of always being the cornball brother

Benefited

Banned
Daps
the only time the type of black man wayne brady was depicting in that sketch is seen as a "stereotype" is when put in the context where white people can see them :martin:

dave chappelle knows the type of black man that we universally accept; the pimp/thug/smoking/cursing hood nikka. :manny:

Well context is important wouldn't you say?

Tempted to neg OP

Must every black person with an opinion on blackness come from the hood

A truly poisonous mentality

I didn't say they couldn't have opinions on blackness:comeon:.
But they should be responsible in how they portray people from the hood.
And in the instances of Chapelle and Donald Glover,the way they portray hood people seem to be very over the top and stereotypical,very caricaturish:martin:
Just think,two black men in interacial relationships portraying black women as loud,bitter,angry:martin:.

If Chapelle such a damn genius how come he can't comically portray suburb nikkas in a "hilarious" fashion:martin:?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Wayne Brady showed himself to be the exact thing people made jokes about. He's said eyebrow raising shyt in interviews a few times.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The joke was "white pepole love Wayne Brady because____"
Not "Wayne Brady isnt black because___"
You really puttin Extras on the shyt.

The whole Joke is based on him being SAFE.
White people Love Kevin Hart because hes SAFE
They used to love Bill Cosby too...Why because he was SAFE.
Same Reason they love The Rock..
All proud Black Men...

White people were SCARED of the likes of Malcom X, Muhamaud Ali etc bexause they were radical and felt threatened by them.

In the skit he didnt turn Wayne into a fried Chicken eating,40 ounce drinking,Gangbanging c00n, He turned him into a Murderous Psychopath NOTHING to do with being a black sterotype. :heh:

shyt over kats head man. Paul mooney jokes always talked about this.

Mooney once said that Obama was like the perfect president for white people to elect. Because even though he sounds like MLK he looks nothing like him, got a white momma and them big ass white ears like white people. So it is easier for white folks to relate to him...:dead: