Chapelles way of apoligizing to Wayne Brady for questionin his blackness,was makin him a stereotype?

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Wayne was offended by that Paul Mooney joke saying white people loved him because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X. So I guess Chappelle decides "Lets show them how black you really are by making you a pimp,drug dealer,gangsta:mjgrin:"

After finding out Chappelle wasn't really from the hood,it really makes me view the way he represents hood people in his writing,in a whole new light:martin:

This dude really was c00ning. Doing black face as a black man,unnaceptable as a suburbanite.
And yall killed Chris Rock for that nikkas Vs Black People routine the other day,keep that same energy:sas2:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He may not be from the hood but Dave Chappelle is from DC, "Chocolate City," and is very aware of himself and his surroundings, I find no issue with him speaking on black issues whether it be about "the hood" or not.

Making Wayne Brady do those things on the Chappelle show was comedic irony. Simple.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
tenor.gif

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Nobody made Wayne Brady participate in the joke though :jbhmm:

I’m sick of grown men crying about decisions they made as grown men (looking at you Young Buck)
I think you misunderstood. He doesn't have a problem with the sketch he was in. He has a problem paul mooney saying he made bryant gumble look like malcolm x. Dave then made the sketch with him as a way to apologize.