Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
NBA Execs See LeBron's Influence over Lakers Leading to a Chris Paul Trade

"Chris Paul would love to come back to L.A. I know it would be a dream come true for Chris," an Eastern Conference executive said. "I know LeBron loves and trusts him and he would be a good fit."

Paul would give the Lakers a third scorer and playmaking depth, especially if they retain Rajon Rondo, who also plans to opt out, per Charania. The challenge would be the two years, $85.6 million left on Paul's contract (he can opt out of the final season but isn't likely to, given the $44.2 million payday).

If James set his sights on Paul, the Lakers would have to send out five players: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and Quinn Cook, along with Avery Bradley and JaVale McGee, who need to opt into their contracts to be dealt. L.A. would also need to send its No. 28 pick in November's draft, signing that player before waiting 30 days to execute a deal in which the Lakers would offload almost $33 million in players salaries.

Isn't that too much of an upheaval for a team that just won a title?

"It seems like a risk, but sometimes you need to [execute big moves] to make yourself even better," the executive continued. "The [Golden State] Warriors will be better. The [Los Angeles] Clippers may be better. The [Denver] Nuggets aren't going to get worse. Your competition is getting better. It worked [in Orlando] for the Lakers, but I don't know if you have a normal regular season without the bubble if it does."

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

"Chris Paul would love to come back to L.A. I know it would be a dream come true for Chris," an Eastern Conference executive said. "I know LeBron loves and trusts him and he would be a good fit."

Paul would give the Lakers a third scorer and playmaking depth, especially if they retain Rajon Rondo, who also plans to opt out, per Charania. The challenge would be the two years, $85.6 million left on Paul's contract (he can opt out of the final season but isn't likely to, given the $44.2 million payday).

If James set his sights on Paul, the Lakers would have to send out five players: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and Quinn Cook, along with Avery Bradley and JaVale McGee, who need to opt into their contracts to be dealt. L.A. would also need to send its No. 28 pick in November's draft, signing that player before waiting 30 days to execute a deal in which the Lakers would offload almost $33 million in players salaries.

"It seems like a risk, but sometimes you need to [execute big moves] to make yourself even better," the executive continued. "The [Golden State] Warriors will be better. The [Los Angeles] Clippers may be better. The [Denver] Nuggets aren't going to get worse. Your competition is getting better. It worked [in Orlando] for the Lakers, but I don't know if you have a normal regular season without the bubble if it does."
Seems like too much unless you can fill those spots you traded with decent role players who are ring chasing for cheap.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like too much unless you can fill those spots you traded with decent role players who are ring chasing for cheap.
That’s what I’m thinking. Most of those players named more than likely were gone anyway but all of them for CP...:patrice: Bron better rethink this whole “I wanna play with the banana boat squad” shyt

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

Lmao klutch already starting their pr blitz

Zero chance mcgee and bradley opt in to be traded to a tanking team.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC

For this to remotely be true they must be willing to give him the bag cause I don’t believe Rondo going from rings to a lottery team at this stage of his career for anything else. He ain’t even from NY and there’s nothing there for him

and the Knicks would be the ones to give rondo a bag