Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they have already been announcing trades, what did this deadline matter?

The deadline was for when they could officially make trades. The ones that have been announced are just unofficial/verbal agreements.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The deadline was for when they could officially make trades. The ones that have been announced are just unofficial/verbal agreements.
if there were any deals in the pipeline, Woj/Shams would have reported them just like they did on OKC/LA & DET/BKN

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I wouldn't mind if the Hawks got him and Rondo

Yup. Pistons are going into a rebuild with a new GM so I doubt he’s gonna throw big money at KCP. Phoenix has Booker at the 2 already. Maybe Charlotte but I think MJ learned from the time he threw big money at Batum a few years ago and Rozier last year. And the Knicks well they’re the Knicks so they like to go for the big names first.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if there were any deals in the pipeline, Woj/Shams would have reported them just like they did on OKC/LA & DET/BKN

Well yeah.

Like I said, 12PM EST was just the time where teams could officially start making trade calls to the league office.

I think anyone who thought trades would just start flying in like free agency deals was setting themselves up for disappointment.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That's their second best player. That's pretty significant isn't it? Beyond that him and Kawhi can both opt out after this season. Even further beyond that, who exactly has proven they can be counted on when shyt gets hot? A miracle is losing on a last second heave. These nikkas lost 3 straight games after being up double digits. Only dude that should be untouchable is Kawhi.

It's definitely significant but you can't panic. These dudes are panicking. Make a calculated adjustment instead of reshuffling the entire deck.

Losing 3 straight games after being up double digits in each game doesn't mean you lost to the better team, it means you weren't focused and did not execute. The clippers were the better team. They already changed coaches which was the right thing (I disagree with the coaching choice though), and now you have to make a calculated adjustment to the roster. They got killed by Jokic so they need a big. For some reason they are hunting for a PG but I think they need a big. Other than that, I don't see anything else that needs to be changed. Try again next year. :yeshrug:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only online do folks think Kuz is trash and hot garbage. He’s far from a superstar but he’s isn’t some end of the bench bum folks online make him out to be.

honeestly a lot of the hate he gets is because he carries himself like a superstar and he loves attention. if he was the same player but was quiet off the court and on social media, a lot of people would like him, especially since he's a late first round pick which is a feel good story. I don't care either way if he stays or if he's traded. :manny: he doesn't lose you games and he doesn't win you games.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's definitely significant but you can't panic. These dudes are panicking. Make a calculated adjustment instead of reshuffling the entire deck.

Losing 3 straight games after being up double digits in each game doesn't mean you lost to the better team, it means you weren't focused and did not execute. The clippers were the better team. They already changed coaches which was the right thing (I disagree with the coaching choice though), and now you have to make a calculated adjustment to the roster. They got killed by Jokic so they need a big. For some reason they are hunting for a PG but I think they need a big. Other than that, I don't see anything else that needs to be changed. Try again next year. :yeshrug:

This ain't 2K breh. This is way bigger than saying "fukk it run it back". How many teams have you seen blow a 3-1 lead then come back and win a chip without making substantial changes? The better team wins, especially up 3-1. What's gonna stop them from having the same issues next year? Such a lack of focus and execution when you have a series won and you have only have one person that has ever won anything in their life is a huge deal and an indictment of the team as a whole. You just said you disagree with the coaching choice and he was right there while they choked. And the fact that they traded their entire future away for two dudes that can walk after this season can't be stressed enough. If they knew they had another 4 years of Kawhi and PG it would be one thing. If shyt doesn't go right next year and/or one or both of them feel any type of way this whole thing would have been for naught and you got no picks or young players.