Celeste (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC) Indie 2D platformer out now 10/10 IGN

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My thumb is calloused from playing this game too much. My hands were starting to cramp cause things got so intense.
I have something like 2500 deaths lol. I have found a lot of the b sides though and a couple of hearts.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Started it last night and beat the first two levels. I'm not going for all the B-sides and everything just yet. Loving it so far. It's like an evolution of Super Meat Boy.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Game was fukking up on me in Chapter 3 on PS4. Had to restart it a couple times.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Bought it a few days ago. Tryna get all them strawberries brehs. Of course missing some but if its on my screen im going for it :birdman:

Finished chapter 3 just now and called it quits. Took me about 2 hours, have like 110 deaths. This game is excellent. Really goddamn fun, worth the premium price tag. All the fukkery in the platforming feels right. Its intuitive. If you grew up on platformers this is the game.

Its not as hard as those BS games like wings of vi. That game was bullshyt. This shyt is legit.

Soundtrack is nuts... Everytime I put the game down i had a track stuck in my head for hours. Thats real praise.

One tiny complaint is that there are branching paths. So you plan ahead to make sure you go to every area. But sometimes you forget and end up triggering a cutscene and you cant go back. I missed one area in both CH1 and 2 because of that. You can try the whole chapter again I guess but Im not tryna do that until I complete the game. I wanted to see the rooms :francis:

Last edited:

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
Went through half the game and realized you get a farther initial jump by pressing both buttons. Makes situations a lot smoother/easier. Why they ain't tell me this?
:why:

So many avoidable deaths.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Game keeps crashing after the lava section in Ch 8. I am NOT doing that a third time :francis:

No way in hell this is a 10/10, but it's a solid lil indie joint. Nothing crazy, but a nice palette cleanser type game