Celeste (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC) Indie 2D platformer out now 10/10 IGN

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I know some might see this and be like "another pixel indie game? :russell:" but the game has been getting amazing reviews so I picked it up on Switch. It reminds me a lot of Super Meat Boy with a lot of platforming challenge and tons of deaths. So, if you were a fan of that, you'll love this cause so far about an hour in it might be better. There's an interesting story going on too, not just a platformer with no purpose.

Also, the soundtrack is God tier so far. I'm in Chapter 2 and the song that's on right now is one of the best beats I've ever heard in a video game. Straight :wow:

This thread will probably get lost in the Dragonball and Monster Hunter hype but give this one a shot you won't regret it

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This game is fukking lit and worth the $20

Also scored a 10 with Destructoid

Don't let the goofy ass cover art throw you off

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
And yeah soundtrack is God Tier. I will rarely give that title out but it earned that shyt.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Can we merge with the other thread?
Anyway I copped last night going to get into it after work

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hate the way the game looks. Really not a fan of indie "8 bit" games.

Yeah, I'll admit it's an overused art style. It really is a great game though. Very challenging and hard to put down once you get the hang of the controls.

Might have to cop this weekend.

Can we merge with the other thread?
Anyway I copped last night going to get into it after work

Blind copped for Switched.

You won't regret it. There's a sequence about halfway through Chapter 2 that's incredible. If you make it to that point and that doesn't hook you I don't know what will :yeshrug:

Yeah, they should merge threads. I think my thread title should stay though

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I'm about an hour deep chapter 3 I think game had my hands sweaty love the soundtrack really enjoying the game

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The bosses are amazing. I really like how this game approaches bosses rather than the typical "jump on head 3 times" you see in platformers.

Also, I love how the music in each stage builds and builds, kind of adding more and more and reaches it's peak with the boss and then cools down and mellows out when the boss is over.