Cedric Maxwell: Jayson Tatum had no idea I was an NBA legend until he watched the 30 for 30 documentary

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Cornbread might be a legend in his family and neighborhood, but he ain’t no sports legend.

Also, these 20 something kids grew up differently than most of us did. We bled sports on and off field/court/ring/rink, we were intrigued by players, we loved WATCHING and studying the games. They don’t. I stopped knocking the younger generations who think lesser of the past generation because they DON’T KNOW, I only knock them when they have wild misconceptions and disrespect. Those who were born in the 70’s, 80’s, and even the early 90’s, witnessed the actual growth and progression of sports as a whole, so we have a different connection to the game and its players, we GREW with the players/game as we GREW in life. Now that we’re older we have a surrogate relationship the game we ONCE knew. It changed brehs. It’s gone.

In basketball, the whole, “play the game the right way”(all sports too), no longer exists, the whole, “respect the older generations”, is out the window, (which was spearheaded by dudes with mindsets LIKE Gil, JJ Reddiick, and Bron fans who campaign to put him above everyone and diminishing everyone else’s greatness ie. plumbers, accountants, cab drivers, “We done with the 90’s, etc. ) whereas we praised Dr. J. Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bernard King, Dream, Zeke, Shaq, Drexler, T-Mac, AI, and David Robinson. Now those same greats are minimized to project certain agendas by multiple voices, no matter how great they were, how many rings or MVPs they may have, it doesn’t matter anymore. For goodness sake Dame Dollar made the Alll 75th team over Dwight Howard for no other reason than some not liking him for whatever reason.

Now we have so many ex-pros who take the bait from the dumb takes other ex-pros said, and over-HYPE the older generations just to retort the BS that was said bad about them, ie. KG and Ant Man.

In a nutshell, we have to stop today’s generation for NOT knowing history they don’t care about, but however, they need to STFU and not have opinions on the history too.

Last edited:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Tbf he wasn't even apart of the big 3 of those celtics teams, it bird parish and mchale

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Disney movie Coco is a great summation on how life is forgotten when there's no story attached to it.

The further you get away from it, the less people remember.

Documentaries are important for that very reason. That's why The Last Dance made MJ even more GOAT'd after that dropped
Crazy I was just watching the news about someone in jail release date being 2300.

None of us will even be a memory at that point

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
fukk Cedric Maxwell. Lake Show in here bytch. :pacspit: