Cedric Maxwell: Jayson Tatum had no idea I was an NBA legend until he watched the 30 for 30 documentary

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

2:15

- "That documentary really made Jayson Tatum actually know who I am"
- "I was walking around the Celtics stadium and Jayson yells our 'cornbread!! cornbread!!' I asked what you yelling at me for"
- "Man I watched you at the 30 for 30 documentary, you were a bad muthafukka back then"
- "I thought you were just a radio broadcast announcer"

:laff::laff: :laff:

It's crazy to me that it's obvious common knowledge who Cedrick Maxwell is/was. Ice Cube, LL Cool J and Ice T all mentioned that half their current audience have no idea that they used to Rap. But I'm happy documentaries are allowing younger brehs to learn about the legends

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Disney movie Coco is a great summation on how life is forgotten when there's no story attached to it.

The further you get away from it, the less people remember.

Documentaries are important for that very reason. That's why The Last Dance made MJ even more GOAT'd after that dropped

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I saw a post on IG where it was a meme/video where the clip used was from Seinfeld.

Someone in the comments was like, what show is this from.

:whoo:

Some people don't know who Jerry Seinfeld is and next seen an episode. I was like damn

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
It's crazy to me that it's obvious common knowledge who Cedrick Maxwell is/was. Ice Cube, LL Cool J and Ice T all mentioned that half their current audience have no idea that they used to Rap. But I'm happy documentaries are allowing younger brehs to learn about the legends

Youngins see Ice Cube and refer to him as Craig or be like "Are we there yet?"

LL is "The Black dude from NCIS who is always appearing in some live event"

Ice T is Detective Tutuola, obviously.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Go watch first time watch videos as a social discovery.

To see if white people know about the watts riots.
Watch how dangerous this whole clandestined kuklos udc based youth movement. To eliminated facts and history from the general known lexicon.

Imagine the shock in this.

Being the general white person has no idea about civil rights.
Plus the sheer volume this general ignorance has been prevalent.
As nba history being ignored.
Is purely to get away from.
the discovery of bill russell galvanizing all the prominent black public sports figures for civil rights.

So all this current ignorance is purposeful and has generally worked.

So that is why i urge you all to dig in the crate. Plus spread the gateway of the mores and norms. within the pillars of hiphop frfr.
As well being keen in knowledge of self.

Art Barr

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

2:15

- "That documentary really made Jayson Tatum actually know who I am"
- "I was walking around the Celtics stadium and Jayson yells our 'cornbread!! cornbread!!' I asked what you yelling at me for"
- "Man I watched you at the 30 for 30 documentary, you were a bad muthafukka back then"
- "I thought you were just a radio broadcast announcer"

:laff::laff: :laff:

I have never in my life heard of Cedric Maxwell is, not sure if you spelled Cedrick right cuz I never seen it spelled that way either :yeshrug:
I'm thinking IS VERNON MAXWELL REAL NAME CEDRICK?
Judging from the youtube screenshot, I'd think he used to play Football or ran a donut shop?

Judging by the other responses, yeah, this dude isn't nearly as known as you think.
What 30 4 30 are you referring to exactly? And even tho you said 30 4 30, my mind still goes "Was he in the last dance?"
I'm just riffing cuz I don't know who this nikka is :manny: