CD Projekt Red is paying The Witcher creator some more royalties

Daps
The Witcher Author To Receive Further Compensation From CD Projekt Red, Report Claims

The Witcher Author To Receive Further Compensation From CD Projekt Red, Report Claims
By Francesco De Meo
12 hours ago
13Shares
Share Tweet Submit

Back in October, we have learned that The Witcher author Andrzej Sapkowski was demanding 60 million PLN from CD Projekt Red, as the original deal between the Polish author and the developer was only for the original The Witcher and not for its sequels and spin-off games. The two parties, according to a fresh report, have reached an agreement.

The report comes from Puls Biznesu, who claims that an amicable settlement has been reached. Sapkowski will be offered further compensation from CD Projekt Red, but the amount will be much lower than what Sapkowski was asking. Additionally, this compensation is a form of recognition for Sapkowski’s work and to maintain a healthy relationship with him.

The original deal between the polish author and CD Projekt Red saw Sapkowski receive a fixed sum of 35.000 PLN, around $9.350. The author and his lawyers deemed that it was not enough, and additional royalties had to be paid.

In the Company’s opinion the demands expressed in the notice are groundless with regard to their merit as well as the stipulated amount. The Company had legitimately and legally acquired copyright to Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski’s work, i.a. insofar as is required for its use in games developed by the Company. All liabilities payable by the Company in association therewith have been properly discharged.

It is the Company’s will to maintain good relations with authors of works which have inspired CD PROJEKT RED’s own creations. Consequently, the Board will go to great lengths to ensure amicable resolution of this dispute; however, any such resolution must be respectful of previously expressed intents of both parties, as well as existing contracts.

The Witcher 3 is the latest main entry in the series, now out on PC and consoles. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is also available on PC and consoles.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
CDPR should have dangled his ass over a balcony like Bird. :birdman:
They originally offered royalties instead of a payment but the author was ignorant to video games in general and said he good with the payment. Now forward years later he is seeing the success of the series.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They originally offered royalties instead of a payment but the author was ignorant to video games in general and said he good with the payment. Now forward years later he is seeing the success of the series.

I know, dude hasn't been nice about the games either. That's why I feel like CDPR should have gave him the :camby:

But I guess it was better to squash the issue by giving dude his royalties.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I know, dude hasn't been nice about the games either. That's why I feel like CDPR should have gave him the :camby:

But I guess it was better to squash the issue by giving dude his royalties.

Pure money move they dont want the backlash from the consumers over this. Even though his dumb ass is responsible for his own situation.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They l.ow Witcher 4ay require some edits and rewrites.

Give.buddy residuals on the next go round and we got another classic coming

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah Netflix gonna have to cut this dude a check too....:mjlol:

he's about that money now fukk it...:manny:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
shyt would've gotten laughed out of court in the US :francis:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
shyt would've gotten laughed out of court in the US :francis:
I would just give him a few millions just cause his IP really plays as much as the coding and 3d modeling.