‘Castle Rock’ TV Show Thread (based in the Stephen King Multiverse)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What an awful finale :trash::trash::trash::trash:

I still don't feel they answered anything.

Ep 7 was a standout and they squandered the last 3 eps.

If breh can get out of anything and make people do shyt why can't he escape the hole?

I never truly understood the swerve in ep 9 and this bullshyt finale didn't answer it for me.

I also can't believe they cut away like that and flashed forward. Just cheap

:francis: mid credits scene showing S2 is at the overlook hotel

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
What an awful finale :trash::trash::trash::trash:

I still don't feel they answered anything.

Ep 7 was a standout and they squandered the last 3 eps.

If breh can get out of anything and make people do shyt why can't he escape the hole?

I never truly understood the swerve in ep 9 and this bullshyt finale didn't answer it for me.

I also can't believe they cut away like that and flashed forward. Just cheap

:francis: mid credits scene showing S2 is at the overlook hotel

For me, episode 7 and 8 were highlights but the last two episodes completely killed this show for me. Not even sure if I’ll be watching the 2nd season at this point.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
For me, episode 7 and 8 were highlights but the last two episodes completely killed this show for me. Not even sure if I’ll be watching the 2nd season at this point.

A podcast I listen to made a great point. They said it went Bad Robot/JJ Abrams/Fringe-y in the last few eps and less kingsy which is true

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
As with all Stephen King's works, Castle Rock is a town steeped with the supernatural. IMO the town serves as a gateway or wormhole for dimension walkers. Aforementioned walkers can shift from one timeline to another. However, in doing so they become the anomalous presence [akin to a virus] within their adoptive timeline. This 'virus' has abilities that can contaminate based on proximity / emotion / touch. At the same time dimension walkers cannot age once they cross over. Proof of this is both Henry Deavers being captive for a substantial periods. Despite, being missing for days/weeks, Black Henry was caged for a period & even spent holidays with the priest. Same can be seen with White Deaver caged for 27 years. Once you cross dimensions you don't age UNLESS you find it back to your own period. This could explain why Castle Rock is always cursed regardless of period. Also as to the decision to make this an anthology. All we've done is seen one such story out of countless which could be transpiring in the story. IMO Ruth Deaver is a time-walker. She doesn't travel through dimension rather can shift and recall event within her own timeline. Hence why she told Molly you've never said that before. In the other White Deaver she's got dementia in this one people think she has it but she doesn't. Subtle subversion but impressive nonetheless.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I wish I'd never seen this shyt. Nikkas hyping it up to have that WOAT ending come the fukk on.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Its also annoyingly (or unannoyingly, depending on how you look at it) written and paced like almost all of King's books that aren't Dark Tower-centric. Meaning there's a slow buildup to something that I know is gonna be huge in the overall scheme of things, but it's gonna be so small that folks are gonna feel let down by the reveal of it.

I'm only up to ep 7, but that's what Stephen King does. :manny:

:mjlol: might not finish it now.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I love how they incorporated a bunch of other stephen king stories in this. that chick is jack nicholsons niece. they threw cujo in there and stand by me when they spoke about a "kids bodies being found near the train tracks"