DNwZrcD.jpg

LAiW005.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
shyt, most I come across just live within the general AA communities. Outside of the East Africans (who still stay around AAs), there really aren't huge immigrant enclaves like DC or NY...they sort of just blend in.
I notice that. My pops(who is Haitian) and SOME of his Haitian friends(hell most of his friends are AAs) blend in with other AAs in Lithonia. Hell many Haitians in ATL like Rich the Kid(he sucks ass) seem to also blend in. One thing I notice is you guys in ATL don't seem to have the corny Northern Haitians:scust: but the ones more similar to Miami. :ehh:

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I notice that. My pops(who is Haitian) and SOME of his Haitian friends(hell most of his friends are AAs) blend in with other AAs in Lithonia. Hell many Haitians in ATL like Rich the Kid(he sucks ass) seem to also blend in. One thing I notice is you guys in ATL don't seem to have the corny Northern Haitians:scust: but the ones more similar to Miami. :ehh:
what makes them corny compared to the ones down south fam?:pachaha: @Poitier how big is the caribbean/west Indian population in ATL? And is it steady growing at a fast pace?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
what makes them corny compared to the ones down south fam?:pachaha: @Poitier how big is the caribbean/west Indian population in ATL? And is it steady growing at a fast pace?

Couldn't tell you tbh. Based on a few articles I read, it supposedly is but I don't see any overt Caribbean influence or anything. The West African population is probably the most visible foreign population thats growing and the East Africans been here.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Couldn't tell you tbh. Based on a few articles I read, it supposedly is but I don't see any overt Caribbean influence or anything. The West African population is probably the most visible foreign population thats growing and the East Africans been here.
That's surprising because many of the west Indian Instagram models I see online are from Atlanta. I also read somewhere that the Haitian population is rapidly rising in Atlanta.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
That's surprising because many of the west Indian Instagram models I see online are from Atlanta. I also read somewhere that the Haitian population is rapidly rising in Atlanta.

Of the 2 million black folks in the metro, I doubt even 100k are Caribbean but this wiki entry sounds about right :

Presently, there is already a sizable Haitian community in Atlanta. And it is, indeed, growing at a rapid pace. Unlike most other Haitian-American centers, though, Atlanta does not have a central neighborhood where it is located. The community, like the city, is spread out considerably over a large area. To a certain extent this diffusion of the Haitian population has been a hindrance to the community’s ability to organize itself. At this moment, however, the tide seems to be turning, as a number of issues are galvanizing the community and bringing it closer together. Changes in the migration flows of Haitians to Atlanta, awareness of national-scale Haitian-American issues and the approaching bicentennial of Haiti’s independence are all factors contributing toward the solidification of Atlanta’s spread out Haitian population.

Ethnic visibility[edit]
The Haitian community is spread out over the large, greater metropolitan area of Atlanta. Because there is no single area within the metropolitan vastness where Haitians have settled, there is no specific Haitian commercial area. Haitians live, work and shop throughout the greater Atlanta area which now includes the surrounding Gwinnett, Cobb, Douglas, Dekalb, and Clayton counties. Within those counties, they live, work, and shop in such towns as Lawrenceville, Smyrna, Marietta, Decatur, Stone Mountain and Austell. One of the areas of Haitian businesses within this great urban sprawl is on Moreland Avenue in Atlanta proper, where two Haitian-owned businesses face each other in a small shopping center. A number of Haitian businesses are located in Marietta, but not within a close range of each other. In addition, many new Haitians from the Northeast and Florida are relocating to the middle-class area of Gwinnett County in Lawrenceville. This area has established itself as the center of Haitian economic development in the Atlanta metropolitan area with a family friendly culture and atmosphere with great schools, parks, and shops.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Idk about other West Indian groups but
Atlanta metro now has the third largest Jamaican population but i assume most are transplants from South Florida or The tri state

We'll see what the numbers are when the next census is published