Daps
What are you guys doing for cardio?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Mainly soccer. I also try to get some runs in every week or so. Had to ease kff the running because it was destroying my knees :francis:.

Finally warming up in DC so I'm looking to play soccer atleast 3-4 times a week.

It's the GOAT sport imo. Lot's of running, good bit of physical contact and it works out your entire body.

Plus there's the actual game side to it.

I'm looking into biking as an alternative to running. Also trying to get into swimming as well.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
How-To-Pick-Indoor-Cycling-Stands.jpg

I like to keep shyt consistent.... I throw the heart rate meter on and set a HR/time target. When it's warm out I ride outside. It's good for the heart and I think it translates.... when I started upping the volume to 5 supersets, I used to get gassed. Now it's no problem... only time I can't finish a workout is if I'm sick

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
I picked up the jump rope again recently.

After I do upper or lower body lifts (I do a two day split), I do a 20-30 minute jump rope circuit with another excercise (push-ups on upper day, swings or wall sits on lower day). Sometimes I add planks.

Usually a minute of jump rope (45 seconds of single unders, 15 seconds of double unders), followed by a set of whatever and/or a minute of planks. Rest until I catch my breath, max 60 seconds. Repeat, usually for 10 circuits.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Basketball twice a week for 2 to 3 hours each day.

I run 5 miles once or twice a week.

Stepper at 10 for 30 minutes using no hands. Then 100 straight box jumps.

Use my bike to commute throughout the week.

That's the usual stuff I do.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
30 mins of HIT 6x a week

This is the code I lived by for so many years of my life. The grind was both mentally & physically taxing over time.

I was doing like 40 - 60mins a day, and between 5 - 8 miles a day. The effectiveness of this is second to none.

Now my knees & right hammy are shot. I'm down to 5 miles 3 times a week.:mjcry:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Imma bout to do like 20 sprints 3 days out of the week, I also shoot about 200 jump shots but I try to make at least 20-30 full court layups and 20-30 jump shots off the bounce

Doing jump shots off he dribble will tire a nikka the hell out simply cause of the amount of misses :whew:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

What is this set up called? I'd cop something like this.

I'm doing HIIT on the treadmill at the gym
1 minute sprinting and 1 minute rest
I can only do this 6 times before feeling like i'm about to throw up so i'm wondering if 1 minute sprinting is too long....maybe cut it down to 30 seconds
what kind of hiit splits are you guys doing?

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Mainly soccer. I also try to get some runs in every week or so. Had to ease kff the running because it was destroying my knees :francis:.

Finally warming up in DC so I'm looking to play soccer atleast 3-4 times a week.

It's the GOAT sport imo. Lot's of running, good bit of physical contact and it works out your entire body.

Plus there's the actual game side to it.

I'm looking into biking as an alternative to running. Also trying to get into swimming as well.

Im in the DC area and dont know shyt bout soccer. Where can I play some pickup games at for fun