Cardio for people who hate cardio

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm a fast mothafukka...even in my mid 30s, I can still burn people half my age in 100 meters.

I just never could run long distances. Anything over a mile, even when I was in peak shape could I ever do.

What else can I do to get my cardio that doesn't impact my knees, lower back, shins and overall doesn't bore the fukk outta me?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm a fast mothafukka...even in my mid 30s, I can still burn people half my age in 100 meters.

I just never could run long distances. Anything over a mile, even when I was in peak shape could I ever do.

What else can I do to get my cardio that doesn't impact my knees, lower back, shins and overall doesn't bore the fukk outta me?

Swimming.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
thats something only you can answer.
Try a bunch of shyt till you find what works for you.

I didnt feel like jumping on the treadmill after lifting...so I did my errands on my bicycle and went to a store thats out of my way.

I thought about copping a bicycle because I'm next to lakeshore drive in Chicago and I can bicycle to work downtown. Might just do this to supplement altogether.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I thought about copping a bicycle because I'm next to lakeshore drive in Chicago and I can bicycle to work downtown. Might just do this to supplement altogether.
oh you should for sure look into it.

The lake gets a little crazy when you get towards downtown (crowded)...but its a nice ride coming from either direction.

When I lived right off the lake I would use it to get from the South Loop to the North side.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Try trail running instead of road running. I think the variations in the terrain help to avoid repetitive injuries. I always feel less worn out after running the same distance on trails vs pavement. (Though, if you're not careful you can trip on a root and break your toe.)