Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Here's Why 'Captain Marvel' Is Going on Hiatus After Filming This Week

Fans finally got their long-awaited first look at Brie Larson suited up as Carol Danvers during the first week of production on Captain Marvel. But this only a temporary week of shooting, as filming on the Marvel Studios movie will go on hiatus until March.

Now the question is, why the two-month gap?

The sleuths over at MCU Exchangedid some digging on the reason why, following up on their scoop from November that such a break would even take place. It turns out there's a very valid reason for this short week of shooting, and it has to do with financials and tax breaks.

With Kevin Feige taking a production back to Los Angeles for the first time since Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel Studios through company Warbird Productions LLC took advantage of the California Film Commission's (CFC) Tax Break 2.0, granting them over $20 million in tax credits in July 2017.

When MCU Exchange did some digging on the CFC's guidelines, they learned that one of the stipulations for Tax Break 2.0 dictated that a production receiving the credits must begin within 180 days after being issued, lest that money gets forfeited. And since we're now just about six months removed from that issue date, Marvel Studios had to start filming without the full crew assembled.

But the calendar requirements for the tax credits also state a production can go on a planned hiatus for 120 days after filming begins, hence the delay until March when the full cast and crew are set to join the production.

So it's all a matter of money and meeting the requirements of the CFC's stipulations for the tax credits to film in Los Angeles. It's not exactly a controversial or a tumultuous story, but it tracks better than the conspiracy theories you might find on the Internet.

It also helps explain the Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson set photos from Atlanta last week, as those were actually for the untitled Avengers 4 movie and not Captain Marvel.

Filming for Captain Marvel is now underway, and will begin in earnest in late March. The movie is scheduled to premiere March 8th, 2018.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
nick fury in the comics had that eye injured way before the 90s

In other Captain Marvel news, Samuel L. Jackson recently spoke to The AV Club about reprising a younger, ’90s-era Nick Fury in the upcoming film.

“We’re going back now, and I meet Captain Marvel in more of an origin story,” said Jackson. “You’ll see Nick Fury with another guy’s face, somebody that’s got two eyes, so that’s a whole big deal. You’ll see. It’s prior to the eye injury, no eye patch.”

Of course, it’s not QUITE as big a deal as Jackson says, as eagle-eyed Marvel fans will remember in Captain America: The Winter Soldier when Robert Redford’s Alexander Pierce showed Steve Rogers a photo of a younger, two-eyed Nick Fury when he was deputy chief for the S.H.I.E.L.D. station in Bogotá, Colombia.

Read more at Brie Larson Researches Captain Marvel, Plus Jackson on Fury

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I wonder will Captain Marvel fly though when its all said and done? Since thats like.... one of her abilities.

Speaking of which..... like how cats shat on or clowned Spiderman with the faux anger of "bu bu bu bu bu bu but where is his spidey sense?"

Well speaking of female super hero's flying.... why aint Wonder Woman flying? Its been 3 movies now and this chick hasnt shown any signs of having the ability to fly.... just jump high..... I will ignore the fact that she doesnt have her invisible jet.... but...... why aint she flying? But we was talking about "lack of spidey sense?"

Martha

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Pretty sure you going watch this.....u judging shyt off of post production shyt....relax five
They are releasing it months before avengers 4 so u arent exactly being nostradamus there. I am judging it off the titular character who is being played by an overated actress. With the success of ww feige is kicking himself saying as the industry leader we should have been first. And then who could forget the red carpet treatmemt at comic con where they basically said she is going to be the most powerful person in the MCU (why because she has an oscar?)
All signs point to another rey and i dont support that

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I wonder will Captain Marvel fly though when its all said and done? Since thats like.... one of her abilities.

Speaking of which..... like how cats shat on or clowned Spiderman with the faux anger of "bu bu bu bu bu bu but where is his spidey sense?"

Well speaking of female super hero's flying.... why aint Wonder Woman flying? Its been 3 movies now and this chick hasnt shown any signs of having the ability to fly.... just jump high..... I will ignore the fact that she doesnt have her invisible jet.... but...... why aint she flying? But we was talking about "lack of spidey sense?"

Martha
You are comparing a glaring character omission in the first spiderman (you know the most iconic character they have) movie under marvel studios to something that happened with the DCEU? :why:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You are comparing a glaring character omission in the first spiderman (you know the most iconic character they have) movie under marvel studios to something that happened with the DCEU? :why:

No..... I'm comparing a glaring iconic character omission to another glaring iconic character omission and then wonder will this movie make that same mistake or will they do right by it.

It dont matter what happened in _____ Universe.... Nicca I dont give a fukk if we talking about the Monster universe and they made an omission on something iconic.

Its Apples to Apples and nothing in the same lane is above criticism right? Aint that the point of "non bias critiques":rudy:

Martha

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No..... I'm comparing a glaring iconic character omission to another glaring iconic character omission and then wonder will this movie make that same mistake or will they do right by it.

It dont matter what happened in _____ Universe.... Nicca I dont give a fukk if we talking about the Monster universe and they made an omission on something iconic.

Its Apples to Apples and nothing in the same lane is above criticism right? Aint that the point of "non bias critiques":rudy:

Martha
You missed the point, the DCEU is such a mess that most are hoping gets rebooted. At this point we really arent that invested or expect them to get characters right (hell they messed up superman out of the gate :heh: ) so in the event they dont its expected. Marvel/Disney are a well oiled machine so if they get something wrong or try something different and it doesnt go over its magnified

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You missed the point, the DCEU is such a mess that most are hoping gets rebooted. At this point we really arent that invested or expect them to get characters right (hell they messed up superman out of the gate :heh: ) so in the event they dont its expected. Marvel/Disney are a well oiled machine so if they get something wrong or try something different and it doesnt go over its magnified

Per a lot of peeps this summer out of everything that was a mess this was the one that wasnt

No point was missed..... mess or not in the comics characters who fly FLY

In the cartoons characters that fly FLY.

And its not like ALL COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS CAN FLY.

In the grand scheme of it all, only really a few small minority have that skillset. So when one of the top 5 MAJOR ones doesnt showcase that skill in 3 tries, its fair to call that out equally like the one that in his one maybe 2 attempts was persecuted.

Again a nicca aint asking or making faux anger over lack of invisible jet...... we talking about one of the top 2 abilities.

Thats would be equivalent to making a Wolverine movie were he's a mutant, has a healing factor and the adamantium on his bones but he has no claws:mjlol:

If niccas wanna really say "they not a stan, not bias and call it even down the middle" then there cant be exceptions.

Martha

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq

Martha
Spidey sense is one of the most iconic super hero powers of all time. Wonder woman being able to fly is corny.

The only super hero that makes flying look cool is the Superman family

Nobody stretches out their arms in the back yard and pretends to be wonder woman.

Now if they forgot her lasso and arm guards thatd be different

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Spidey sense is one of the most iconic super hero powers of all time. Wonder woman being able to fly is corny.

Nobody stretches out their arms in the back yard and pretends to be Wonder Woman.

Little girls do :yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Martha
They said she's gonna be the most powerful hero in the MCU. We'll see.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Nobody stretches out their arms in the back yard and pretends to be wonder woman.

No on stretches they arms out period when they pretend to fly and its not Superman. Thats really and strangely iconic to him.

WW dont fly like that, neither does Martion Manhunter, any of the GL and so on.

She's a flyer, we not talking about items or weapons.... thats a skillset or trait and her second most important trait that separates her and makes her a super hero after her power/strength.

Martha