Capcom has updated their Platinum Titles (Top Selling Software)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Street Fighter 3rd Strike not even mentioned at all despite being the GOAT fighting game... matter fact SF as a WHOLE being low as hell on the sales rankings despite being a cultural worldwide phenomenon :dahell:

Devil May Cry 2 ol wack ass being in the top 100 :damn:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Street Fighter 3rd Strike not even mentioned at all despite being the GOAT fighting game... matter fact SF as a WHOLE being low as hell on the sales rankings despite being a cultural worldwide phenomenon :dahell:

Devil May Cry 2 ol wack ass being in the top 100 :damn:
Street Fighter is really only a cultural phenomenon in the US

It's well known enough in Japan, but it never had the impact that be it does in America

Even Capcom is just realizing this after 3 decades

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Street Fighter is really only a cultural phenomenon in the US

It's well known enough in Japan, but it never had the impact that be it does in America

Even Capcom is just realizing this after 3 decades

Damn I know KoF/SNK is HUGE in Latin America and Japan and some places in Europe... you telling me King of Fighters is bigger world wide than the gawd Street Fighter? :ohhh:

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when Monster Hunter was relegated to handheld and no one I knew had ever played it. Look at it now :obama: World 2 is gonna be crazy.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I know KoF/SNK is HUGE is Latin America and Japan and some places in Europe... you telling me King of Fighters is bigger world wide than the gawd Street Fighter? :ohhh:
Absolutely

Street Fighter is a prominent name don't get me wrong but KOF has a deeper footing in more countries because of ease of access alone

I know for a fact that KOF 96 is the biggest fighting game in China

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
It's sales weren't viewtiful enough to make the list, obviously.
Birdman-Breakfast-Club.png

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Absolutely

Street Fighter is a prominent name don't get me wrong but KOF has a deeper footing in more countries because of ease of access alone

I know for a fact that KOF 96 is the biggest fighting game in China

Is KOF 96 the Super Street Fighter II Turbo of the series in your opinion? Its my personal favorite.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is KOF 96 the Super Street Fighter II Turbo of the series in your opinion? Its my personal favorite.
I'm not the KOF guy to have a definitive opinion about it but the consensus would probably land on 98 as the universal classic KOF

98 and 2002 are played the most

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny, SFV essentially doubled SFIV's sales (at least any of their individual SKUs) while only being available on one console no less. Yet folks was so hard on it "failing".
SF5 failed based on what it was supposed to be. That terrible launch turned golden eggs into silver ones

What's understated about the game's life is the course correction they made after they brought in the new team. The SF5 we have now is a great game and has been since at least 2018

If season 3 was the launch version SF5 easily would've sold 10 million+

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
All I want from Capcom is a new Marvel and a Dino Crisis in the RE engine.

But honestly Monster Hunter will pay Capcom bills for the next decade.