Capcom COO would "gracefully decline" acquisition offer from MS; believes in organic growth for Capcom and no intention of acquiring companies

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We saw Microsoft acquiring Activision. There's been some whispers in the industry about some more deals. What is Capcom's thinking when it comes to M&A? Is there anything in the works?

What if Microsoft comes to you and says, "We're interested in buying you out". Would you entertain that?

Starts at 2:03 in the video
Source

I don’t think theres any notable Japanese publisher trying to commit that seppuku selling themselves to Microsoft. Good to know the actual quality gaming companies are safe from them
Capcom is a public owned company. For the right offer the shareholders would demand the company sell.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We want Naughty Dawg and Insomniac:mjlit:

threat-collar-grab.gif

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Capcom has hit their stride, before the RE engine and success of MHW and RE7 the answer might be different.

They are in position now to grow into a bigger player than they were in the 90s financially speaking
DMCV as well but yea monster hunter did kick it off...

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What if Microsoft comes to you and says, "We're interested in buying you out". Would you entertain that?
I would gracefully decline the offer because I believe it would be better if we were equal partners.

LOL. That's easy to say, until they sit a 40/50 billion dollar check in front of you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I would gracefully decline the offer because I believe it would be better if we were equal partners.

LOL. That's easy to say, until they sit a 40/50 billion dollar check in front of you.

Which would never happen.

What it would realistically take for microsoft to buy capcom requires way more money than necessary

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

Japan has rules and regulations about a foreign company buying a japanese company as of 2017