Capcom COO would "gracefully decline" acquisition offer from MS; believes in organic growth for Capcom and no intention of acquiring companies

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We saw Microsoft acquiring Activision. There's been some whispers in the industry about some more deals. What is Capcom's thinking when it comes to M&A? Is there anything in the works?
I think there have been many M&A talks in the game industry. There was once a time we were a target, but rather than acquiring an outside company, we prefer organic growth. It is important to train and develop human resources in-house in order to carry out growth strategies. I also believe we can utilize external partners, but we have no intention of acquiring companies.

What if Microsoft comes to you and says, "We're interested in buying you out". Would you entertain that?
I would gracefully decline the offer because I believe it would be better if we were equal partners.

Starts at 2:03 in the video
Source

I don’t think theres any notable Japanese publisher trying to commit that seppuku selling themselves to Microsoft. Good to know the actual quality gaming companies are safe from them

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Yes it is good to know.

Monster Hunter

only on xbox :scust:

capcom know that would be disgusting to even hear in Japan.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
We saw Microsoft acquiring Activision. There's been some whispers in the industry about some more deals. What is Capcom's thinking when it comes to M&A? Is there anything in the works?

What if Microsoft comes to you and says, "We're interested in buying you out". Would you entertain that?

Starts at 2:03 in the video
Source

I don’t think theres any notable Japanese publisher trying to commit that seppuku selling themselves to Microsoft. Good to know the actual quality gaming companies are safe from them

Meh….. we don’t want them…..

We want Naughty Dawg and Insomniac:mjlit: