Can't play YouTube in the background on my phone and ads are also Poppin up

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Anybody else having this problem? shyt started today. I have a paid sub to Google music so ytube red comes with the shyt

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I was, so I contacted YT.

Greed won out.

YouTube is implementing "tiers" to their premium services. "Gold," nets you basically what YT Red was intended to do (background play, AD free, Download for Offfline) "Silver" gives you background playback and download for offline playback but features limited ads. YT Red is barely a step up from free. You get background playback but full ads and no download options. Google Music is packaged with YT Red only. If you've lost both background playback AND are seeing ads, it sounds as if they didn't grandfather you into Gold and you'll need to clear the cache for the option and/or if that doesn't work, contact YT, themselves. They gave me the first month free but after seeing the price, Im probably gonna let it go entirely. :ld: Not worth the $18.99 for Gold, imo. Might be time to make the jump to Dailymotion.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
NewPipe is the easiest way to watch YouTube videos peacefully, be able to download them and paly in background or on top of other apps.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
NewPipe is the easiest way to watch YouTube videos peacefully, be able to download them and paly in background or on top of other apps....thats if you are using Android

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was, so I contacted YT.

Greed won out.

YouTube is implementing "tiers" to their premium services. "Gold," nets you basically what YT Red was intended to do (background play, AD free, Download for Offfline) "Silver" gives you background playback and download for offline playback but features limited ads. YT Red is barely a step up from free. You get background playback but full ads and no download options. Google Music is packaged with YT Red only. If you've lost both background playback AND are seeing ads, it sounds as if they didn't grandfather you into Gold and you'll need to clear the cache for the option and/or if that doesn't work, contact YT, themselves. They gave me the first month free but after seeing the price, Im probably gonna let it go entirely. :ld: Not worth the $18.99 for Gold, imo. Might be time to make the jump to Dailymotion.

Since when I just reupped yesterday and didn't see all that

I'm downloading and everything