Cant find that Nas album in any stores..

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
10h4qvn.jpg

was the last one on the shelf :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Honestly now that I think about it, Def Jam did WAYYYY TOO MUCH promotion on Life Is Good to turn around and purposefully sabatoge Nas buy consciously under shipping the album. My new thought process on the matter is that Def Jam more than likely assumed that most music sales nowadays are digital. Kanye West's MBDTF, Jay-Z and Ye's Watch The Throne and Frank fakkit's Channel Feminine all had very impressive first week iTunes sales amd all were Def Jam releases. Most everybody I know who I work with who bought the album (quite a few) copped it straight off iTunes. Only one dude I know, whose a Nas stan like me went out and got the physical copy. My best friend who works at best buy says that they only got 200 copies of Life Is Good and they sold out three days ago and that most of the people who brought the standard version were upset that they couldn't get the deluxe with the t-shirt. Most buyers sole purpose it seems in copping the CD from retail was for the T-Shirt. iTunes even nets you an EXTRA bonus track and 2 music videos for the price of $14.99. You can't really beat that deal even with a t-shirt.

I'd like to see once its all said and done and the first week numbers come out how much were digital versus physical

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Honestly now that I think about it, Def Jam did WAYYYY TOO MUCH promotion on Life Is Good to turn around and purposefully sabatoge Nas buy consciously under shipping the album. My new thought process on the matter is that Def Jam more than likely assumed that most music sales nowadays are digital. Kanye West's MBDTF, Jay-Z and Ye's Watch The Throne and Frank fakkit's Channel Feminine all had very impressive first week iTunes sales amd all were Def Jam releases. Most everybody I know who I work with who bought the album (quite a few) copped it straight off iTunes. Only one dude I know, whose a Nas stan like me went out and got the physical copy. My best friend who works at best buy says that they only got 200 copies of Life Is Good and they sold out three days ago and that most of the people who brought the standard version were upset that they couldn't get the deluxe with the t-shirt. Most buyers sole purpose it seems in copping the CD from retail was for the T-Shirt. iTunes even nets you an EXTRA bonus track and 2 music videos for the price of $14.99. You can't really beat that deal even with a t-shirt.

I'd like to see once its all said and done and the first week numbers come out how much were digital versus physical

I didn't know they report digital vs physical numbers.....interesting.....it would be cool to see how many he did off iTunes/Amazon vs being bought in the stores.....

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
smh@Def Jam fukkin up Nas sales

Bet this didn't happen when Rihanna or "Rozay" premiered.

Daps
smh@Def Jam fukkin up Nas sales

Bet this didn't happen when Rihanna or "Rozay" premiered.

Actually that stank hoe did "just" 160k first week..now she always has them candy ass singles out the ass..so every album she releases will reach platinum status eventually.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Why don't yall cop it off amazon?..it says its gonna take 1 to 3 weeks to ship tho...damn..I can't remember the last time I seen a sold out cd before this one...lol..glad I pre ordered my shyt..