Candace Owens really believes everything she says

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i want to take this topic in a slightly different direction.... what difference does it make if she's a grifter or a true believer....? either way she promotes dangerous ideas that harm black people.... i can't find love in my heart for her either way.... btw, i agree with @jj23... she's both a conservative and a grifter...

The primary reason I made the thread is just that I'm correcting my error. On numerous occasions I've claimed that she was a pure grifter who just became a conservative to make a buck and doesn't believe it at all. I think I was 100% wrong on that, and understand her origin story a lot better now than I used to. So I wanted to very clearly correct an uninformed

That's the only difference from my end. The behavior is just as toxic either way, but I want to make sure I'm honest and accurate when talking about anyone, even the enemy, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by making arguments about her that aren't based in reality.

So, the thread title you chose for this thread, about this woman, much less any MAGA pundit , painted you into a corner.

"Bu but show me evidence she doesn't believe what she says" seems to be seeking an out.

My discussions with you often feel far too similar to my discussions with the cac mamba. You're starting from a less toxic place but you refuse to engage with the actual shyt I'm saying and constantly post perpendicular to it instead.

I didn't "paint myself into a corner" and I'm not "seeking an out". I said exactly what I meant to say in the OP, and I believe I did a fair job of explaining what I meant and the distinction I was making. In your insistence on using your own preferred verbiage you are completely ignoring my reasoning for why I made the distinction that I did, while being unable to show how your argument is preferable or better supported than what I said.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
The primary reason I made the thread is just that I'm correcting my error. On numerous occasions I've claimed that she was a pure grifter who just became a conservative to make a buck and doesn't believe it at all. I think I was 100% wrong on that, and understand her origin story a lot better now than I used to. So I wanted to very clearly correct an uninformed

That's the only difference from my end. The behavior is just as toxic either way, but I want to make sure I'm honest and accurate when talking about anyone, even the enemy, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by making arguments about her that aren't based in reality.

fair enough.... i think she really believes in conservatism, but she exaggerates that belief to make money.... not saying candace fits this example, but there are people that voted for trump in '16 and in '20, but know that trump lost the '20 election... but if they can make a quick buck or two, they will say the election was stolen... even though they really are conservative and they really voted for trump, they are grifting by telling that lie.... i see candace as similar in that she truly believes in conservatism, but not to the exaggerated extremes she paints... she does all that extra shyt for $$$....

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
She went and got a MAGA husband so they could start a MAGA family. That’s when I stopped believing she was a grifter and decided she was truly sick.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Press Sec, Sean Spicer copping pleas after stepping down.

Even in his functions/duty, and even by the standards of politics, Trump's incompetence and unhinged nature put Spicer in positions where he was defending pure bullshyt.

The press sec. is a serious post, where he still attempted to maintain some level of credibility. If not during, then after stepping down.

Rush Limbaugh, YTers, and other assorted MAGA affiliated pundits like Candace had no such restrictions or standards. Free to say anything in defense of moves and comments that Trump made. Tenuous, debunked, and outright false comments and takes from that set. Even after their points were verifiably refuted.

*If a person doubling down on something that has been proven false doesn't indicate that they don't really believe what they are saying, then nothing does.

Trump was in WAY over his head, was documented to miss daily briefings, and gave uninformed answers about important topics. Everybody here knows this.
The pundits of the MAGA ilk, mentioned earlier defended most if not all of his decisions and comments. Many of which just popped into Trump's mind seconds before he said them.

Grifting under Trump was Dream Team level, Big Red Machine, Steel Curtain Defense level shameless grifting.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
My discussions with you often feel far too similar to my discussions with the cac mamba. You're starting from a less toxic place but you refuse to engage with the actual shyt I'm saying and constantly post perpendicular to it instead.

I didn't "paint myself into a corner" and I'm not "seeking an out". I said exactly what I meant to say in the OP, and I believe I did a fair job of explaining what I meant and the distinction I was making. In your insistence on using your own preferred verbiage you are completely ignoring my reasoning for why I made the distinction that I did, while being unable to show how your argument is preferable or better supported than what I said.
Nothing more than a difference of opinion. I see Candace as one in the same as the other pundits of the MAGA affiliated ilk. With similiar motive.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
She went and got a MAGA husband so they could start a MAGA family. That’s when I stopped believing she was a grifter and decided she was truly sick.

That did make me start to question shyt too. Not just the fact that she was willing to marry him, but what super-rich white conservative is gonna marry some black female grifter who might change it up any minute? It was tough to believe that she hadn't convinced him at least.

But the shyt that really got me was finding out that in real time she really 100% blamed the liberals for Social Autopsy failing, and bought into a big-ass conspiracy that didn't benefit her at all, and yet didn't cash out on it or become publicly conservative until another 1.5 years later. That makes it look like it wasn't pre-planned at all and wasn't some narrative she constructed after the fact in order to defend her grift, it really was what she believed.

fair enough.... i think she really believes in conservatism, but she exaggerates that belief to make money.... not saying candace fits this example, but there are people that voted for trump in '16 and in '20, but know that trump lost the '20 election... but if they can make a quick buck or two, they will say the election was stolen... even though they really are conservative and they really voted for trump, they are grifting by telling that lie.... i see candace as similar in that she truly believes in conservatism, but not to the exaggerated extremes she paints... she does all that extra shyt for $$$....

Yeah, of course that could be true. I was more speaking about her root belief underlying what she says than claiming that she has more integrity than anyone on Earth. Though I would say that she appears more likely to believe the individual shyt she's saying because a defining characteristic of most conspiracy theorists is that they're super fukking gullible.

Rush Limbaugh, YTers, and other assorted MAGA affiliated pundits like Candace had no such restrictions or standards. Free to say anything in defense of moves and comments that Trump made. Tenuous, debunked, and outright false comments and takes from that set. Even after their points were verifiably refuted.

*If a person doubling down on something that has been proven false doesn't indicate that they don't really believe what they are saying, then nothing does.

Rush Limbaugh, for example, really believes in conservatism. Is he willing to lie in order to push conservatism? Of course, he lies a lot. But broadly he's clearly a true believer in the pro-white, pro-rich, pro-corporate, anti-environment, anti-feminism, "America First" agenda that underlies the Republican party.

Even if Rush (or Steve Spicer or whoever) is known to lie, that doesn't mean they're a fake conservative who doesn't even believe in the ideology that they are pushing. Which is what many of us thought of Candace Owens. It's a completely different argument.

Personally, I think Candace Owens is more naïve than Rush and many other operatives and probably believes in the individual bullshyt she says even more than them, because she's so prone to conspiratorial thinking and thus actually believes the shyt she's told to regurgitate moreso than a more jaded political operator would.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I've never seen convincing justifications for her being a grifter. Some kind of Hanlon's razor is more useful when it comes to considering ideological opponents than attributing unsubstantiated specific intent. We fool ourselves everyday.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen convincing justifications for her being a grifter. Some kind of Hanlon's razor is more useful when it comes to considering ideological opponents than attributing unsubstantiated specific intent. We fool ourselves everyday.
You believe she would be who she is without cash and popularity incentives?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not familiar enough with everything she ever said to know..

in general I agree, but she still seem like an opportunist... and the worst kind.

what are her views on racism? because remember she sued her school for racism and she seem like the type to pretend it doesn't exist.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's also not forget that grifting for a cause you believe in exists on the left as well. Look no further than Shaun King and the BLM head office.

So she believes these things but she also knows the limited company she is in as a black woman exposing white talking points, and she is making her money

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
You believe she would be who she is without cash and popularity incentives?
No but I see no reason to doubt that she believes the bs she spouts + profit from it. Both statements are compatible. A grifter doesn't believe in what he sells, which makes him fraudulent.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't know.

It's hard for me to believe any semi-educated black person would actually believe the type of shyt Candace Owens says.

Then again, mental illness is real, so who knows...