Can your baby mother give your child up without your consent

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
Women have too much power in this baby situation. If your girl becomes pregnant and she choose to have it adopted does the father have the first option for the adoption.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
That's a very good question. I would think so, but then at the same time would the mother be responsible for paying child support. I thought that when you give a child up that you give up all legal rights? RIght now I'm probably sounding dumb right now but I never thought about this or this scenerio. I would like to know this myself.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For a legit adoption, both parents rights have to be terminated before the adoption can take place. If the father's name is not on the birth certificate, normally that is an automatic termination of rights.

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
For a legit adoption, both parents rights have to be terminated before the adoption can take place. If the father's name is not on the birth certificate, normally that is an automatic termination of rights.

If she refuses to have your name on the birth certificate?

Reckless

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah, she can't give the kid up unless both parents agree. So if the father steps up and takes the kid, then he would have full custody. Not sure how child support works in this case, but I think she could end up having to pay him support - even if adoption was her primary choice.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If she refuses to have your name on the birth certificate?

Then that's going to be tough. You can petition her to take a paternity test which could delay the process. This would be a process to take straight to an experienced lawyer and it could very well take years.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh I'm going to tell you some real shyt. Some women play games with their kids if you're a man don't indulge in any arguements or confrontations. The less you care the more she will hound you. You can petition her to court for a dna test but that takes a while and the longer you wait the longer it'll take for your name to be on the birth certificate. You have rights though as a matter of fact in most states neither parent have full custody unless its determined by a court. If thats your child you have rights, you have the option to get a lawyer and in most cases you don't need one. Most judges grant visitation as long as you don't have a violent background and such. She only have the power you give her just remember that.

Ric Shaw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Then that's going to be tough. You can petition her to take a paternity test which could delay the process. This would be a process to take straight to an experienced lawyer and it could very well take years.

It wouldn't take years, as long as you can prove paternity, through a court order, blood test, etc., then all you have to do is file a motion to amend birth certificate and it would only take a few months to go through the normal court process. What I mean by normal court process is, service, status hearing, merits hearing, etc.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wouldn't take years, as long as you can prove paternity, through a court order, blood test, etc., then all you have to do is file a motion to amend birth certificate and it would only take a few months to go through the normal court process. What I mean by normal court process is, service, status hearing, merits hearing, etc.

Yea his name would be placed on the birth certificate depending on how far they are behind at the register of deeds office. It wont take years but it wouldn't be up their after a week either. Dudes just shouldn't play those games with women deal with them through the court or some type of mediation, thats the only way some chicks will learn and not get power hungry.

Ric Shaw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Yea his name would be placed on the birth certificate depending on how far they are behind at the register of deeds office. It wont take years but it wouldn't be up their after a week either. Dudes just shouldn't play those games with women deal with them through the court or some type of mediation, thats the only way some chicks will learn and not get power hungry.

I believe you have to go through the Circuit Court of whatever county you live in and not the register of deeds and it would probably take 6-8 months tops. But you are right don't engage women in any type of arguments just simply walk to the court house and file the paperwork pro se.