Can you live off minimum wage?

Noname2014

Banned
Daps
Is it possible to live off minimum wage ?
I live in Columbus Ohio and I want to move out of my parents house but I'm still in college. I don't have a degree or trade or anything like that. I'm getting antsy to move out because I feel like a child. Everyone my age (20) that I know has there own place and they make me feel like something is wrong with me living with my parents still. My main problem is just that I'm getting irritated staying here. I just don't want to jump up to move and regret it.

Is there any jobs other than retail/fast food that pay more than minimum wage? I also will be in school full time.

Do you guys know anyone that lives off minimum wage without a roommate and are living at least "okay"? I know this will only be temporary and I just don't know what to do.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Learn a trade breh, I'm 19 and few guys I went to HS learned how to weld, carpentry, pipefitting, diesel mechanic etc

Plenty of decent paying jobs in the trade paths, matter of fact one of my boys just got a welding job make $25 an hour :banderas:

Edit: I ain't read you was in school full time, I'd say stick in with your parents..Get a job and stack so you can get your own place

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it possible to live off minimum wage ?
I live in Columbus Ohio and I want to move out of my parents house but I'm still in college. I don't have a degree or trade or anything like that. I'm getting antsy to move out because I feel like a child. Everyone my age (20) that I know has there own place and they make me feel like something is wrong with me living with my parents still. My main problem is just that I'm getting irritated staying here. I just don't want to jump up to move and regret it.

Is there any jobs other than retail/fast food that pay more than minimum wage? I also will be in school full time.

Do you guys know anyone that lives off minimum wage without a roommate and are living at least "okay"? I know this will only be temporary and I just don't know what to do.
fukk that. i lived with my parents until a couple months after college, nothing wrong with that at all

start stacking some money so when you graduate you have 4 or 5 grand. got your whole life ahead of you to pay rent n bills

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I started out working minimum wage when I was in HS. I have an apartment and car, so I don't see my self looking back it. Minimum is supposed to be a launch pad for your work experience. Not a career level

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
Don't compare your life to others. That'll have you in a hole that's hard to climb out of. Break that habit now. You don't wanna live your life feeling like everybody doing better than you, when in reality it's a very small percentage that is. It's good you have people around that make you want to do better though.

But to answer your question;

Full time student, plus full time work (with mandatory ot due to minimum wage and bills), age 20, and worrying about what your friends think...Don't do it bruh

Especially if your parents cool with you being there and y'all not bumpin heads

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Help Your Parents With A Bill And Stack Whatever Money You Can

Don't Worry About What Other People Are Doing, 98% Of Them Are Idiots And Will Be Neck Deep In Debt

Make Calculated Moves To Get Where You Want

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Your problem is clearly u want to live like your peers who u have no idea if they are living good or struggling but hiding it from u.

Live with your parents and take care of the place u staying and stopped trying to be a 100 dollar millionaire

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
you can't live off minimum wage and expect to further your life....you would be so stuck in a rut you wouldn't be able to focus on school. I would say suck it up and stay at your parents house a bit longer.

or get a call center job. Call centers struggle to get people in seats so they normally pay decent. When I was in school I worked in a call center for $18 an hour and used that to finance my degree.

At the very least I would apply to one, if you get the job you'll probably spend 2-3 months off the phone just training (in a classroom like setting) and making bank. Additionally you can use that "professional" experience to get another job as a manager or something down the line.

I definitely would NOT recommend call centers as a career or long term job...but if you wanna move out really badly it's an avenue you can take