All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thebatandboy_zpsedd14114.jpg

Brucepencilhue_zpsa17bbd2a.jpg

Kingpin.jpg

dangerM.jpg
How do you get your line work so good and crisp?

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. I'm not sure really. I just keep at it and try to outdo my last piece. Doesn't always work though but you gotta keep at it.:yeshrug:
A steady hand helps however but that can be an acquired skill.
I don't know how to word this exactly but, is there like, any kind of standard concerning the thickness of lines? Basically what I'm trying to do is figure out how to make my work "POP out" more.

In example, IDK if you looked at all my work, but mines looks relatively "flat" compared to yours....

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
:whoo:What's the charge for a poster (something like that Kingpin or Bruce Lee) that can be framed on a wall? Will PM if needed:ehh:
That Bruce Lee pic was a commission for a friend of the family whose husband is a huge Lee fan. I heard that he gave it the frame treatment he loved it so much. That Kingpin is somewhere stored away in the house; I've had a few brothas eyeing that one for purchase but their money is always funny. :beli: They stay asking about it though. Honestly, that image doesn't do it justice; looks much better in person.
Tied up with a few projects but I can fix you up with something. Thank you.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I don't know how to word this exactly but, is there like, any kind of standard concerning the thickness of lines? Basically what I'm trying to do is figure out how to make my work "POP out" more.

In example, IDK if you looked at all my work, but mines looks relatively "flat" compared to yours....
If youre doing ink work, go with bottle and brush.
I've heard that there are digital programs out there that can help you attain the same effect but IMO, nothing beats the organic approach.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If youre doing ink work, go with bottle and brush.
I've heard that there are digital programs out there that can help you attain the same effect but IMO, nothing beats the organic approach.
I wish there was some sort of tutorial on that shyt...

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I wish there was some sort of tutorial on that shyt...
There are a few books floating around out there that can help you. I've never needed them because I've kept my head in comics for years, paying attention to how various artists did their thing.. It's instinctive for some people.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are a few books floating around out there that can help you. I've never needed them because I've kept my head in comics for years, paying attention to how various artists did their thing.. It's instinctive for some people.
Do you know the names of any?