Can we dead this ‘street smarts is just as important as book smarts ‘ non sense ?

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Exactly. Being able to navigate through all walks of life is great. Nothing worse than scary ass people, esp uppity nikkaz, scared to go to hood spots. I'm cool with going to Buckhead or Bankhead. Worst thing you can do is be scared of your people. Just don't be out there lookin goofy or like food. Act like you got some sense and just move normally. Nobody gon bother or fukk wit you.

why the fukk would you go to hoods u aint familiar with? especially OT? In chicago nikkas dont go to other nikkas hoods unless they kno they aint getting backdoor

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
that's how I always interpreted it, but some think different just to try and shyt on book smart people cause of their own insecurities.

booksmarts with common sense >>>>>>>>>>
Disagree, I always took street smarts as just knowing how PEOPLE operate, seeing through lies, calling out bluffs, having backup plans, knowing how to play your hand in life, and knowing when and where to apply that stuff.

I can't call it common sense because most people actually need to get played first to know how to prevent it, you don't naturally know how to handle shifty people.

It's moreso awareness of the situation: the parties involved, who's capable of what, the possible outcomes and how you plan on getting there

Like for example a book smart person can still be manipulated and finessed out of whatever their skillset/value is, now obviously they can bounce back, but unless they address that weakness it'll just happen to em again and again in various aspects of life, once they figure out how people work, those issues stop happening as often.

On of my first bosses in the industry told me that in 20 years he'd probably still be in charge of people from my generation because they have no street smarts, they have no idea how to apply the concepts from their discipline to real life and usually can't adjust to someone who's good with words

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Street smarts can be summed up into don’t trust anyone,

The rabbit hole of the streets is stepping over anyone for a dollar.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Of course you lame square coli nerds think street smarts aren’t important. Street smarts grants you the ability and knowledge to maneuver through the toughest hoods. Book smarts aren’t getting you nowhere in life.
:troll:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There’s a lot of trickery and potential setups you won’t see coming in life if you’re only relying on book smarts. Education does not equal experience and it’s good to have both because the business world is full of people trying to trick you out of your money.

My daughters have no idea where the hood is, yet I’ve given them knowledge from my experiences so they don’t get taken advantage of.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The gangsters phenomenon of the late 2000s and early 2010s is over.

Anyone who still think it’s cute, clever, or cunning to be in streets is remedial.

We all seen it played out by now a dozen of times of the last decades its never indicative of a good life.

All the rappers who spit that life have all been found to be frauds and lies and are now living high of the hog while there follows are nowhere but stuck in the hood.