Can we dead this ‘street smarts is just as important as book smarts ‘ non sense ?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Ain’t no way nikkas is in their 30s and 40s and still repeating that silly ass rhetoric

Yes street smarts are cool and important to an extent but putting them on the same level as actual book smarts/education is ridiculous

There’s not enough “street smarts” in the world that will make it equivalent to being educated & knowledgeable in real world shyt that actually matters :mjlol:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I remember I asked a friend, years back, why guys like Akademiks had a following on their “War in Chiraq” page and there’s an entire “Chiraq” Reddit keeping track of Chicago’s gang wars, despite most of its members not being from Chicago, and this ignorant ass nikka said that exact same shyt :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Aren’t they both the same thing?
that's how I always interpreted it, but some think different just to try and shyt on book smart people cause of their own insecurities.

booksmarts with common sense >>>>>>>>>>

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To some people not buying things you can’t afford is common sense, but that’s definitely not street smarts
c375062f-e238-4fa7-9d1e-38f3014810c2_text.gif

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’ve actually never heard this, what I’ve heard is that having streets smarts can keep you out of potential danger.

My uncle is a lawyer but he doesn’t have issues navigating through the trenches if he has a reason to pass through the area.

Exactly. Being able to navigate through all walks of life is great. Nothing worse than scary ass people, esp uppity nikkaz, scared to go to hood spots. I'm cool with going to Buckhead or Bankhead. Worst thing you can do is be scared of your people. Just don't be out there lookin goofy or like food. Act like you got some sense and just move normally. Nobody gon bother or fukk wit you.

Daps
It's true. You can see the finesse and you can see the marks and suckers. All those things are important in getting ahead. As they say it's not what you know, it's who you know. Basically it's just social skills that people call "street smarts".

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
how about this

factual memorization and carefully defined and vetted logical paradigms vs critical thinking skills, ability to think fluidly on the fly to operate within your own best interest

street and school smarts just seem too binary, cant even have a conversation on it be cause it can mean 1000 things to a 1000 different people