Can we agree that Method Man from 93'-99' is a Top 5 run??

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
In terms of the Wu albums, solo albums, guest spots, and overall mic presence, cadence and flow, I feel like his run from 93' when 36 Chambers came out until maybe like 99' when the first Blackout album came out, that's a Top 5 run in my book. :lawd:

-36 Chambers
-Wu-Tang Forever
-Tical
-Liquid Swords
-Ironman
-Cuban Linx
-Tical 2000
-Blackout

Plus not to mention all his guest spots like The What?, Got my Mind Made Up, etc....

Not many others had a run like that....

Good point. When Blackout came out he was the most popular member of the Wu by a mile. You could argue Ghost had better music but I don't know.

Plus How High had its moments.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Meth did what drake is doing...some of you don't get meth had the industry at his mercy but he wasn't a suit n tie type a dude...too loyal to the clan. One of my favorites to ever picked up a mic to entertain us.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Im trying hard to think if he really did have a good run, after i heard tical i kind of felt like meth aint give us his full potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meth coulda been the goat if he did more personal shyt like mowgli is referring to. idk bout top 5 but that was a sick run.
the nikka had a hella run without question but Imo other than a few solo songs meth was only high level on guest verses or collabs but he could never carry a whole album for self my dude.....on other nikkaz shyt his verses was out of the park.........i always felt he was the type of artist that needed the competition of other artists to bring the best out of him.....proof is in his body of work

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
Can we agree that Method Man from 93'-99' is a Top 5 run??
Only if you were born in Staten Island can you argue that point or even take it seriously. I only know Meth from bring the pain and you're all I need. Sorry but I didn't get into the whole 9 grown ass ninja turtle Wu trend. I don't even see the hype with the Wu as a whole or ANY solo artist. It just completely evades me. :snooze:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Nah

to be top 5 in the 90s you had to be crazy ill. Dudes like Mef just had charisma and stage presence, but lyrically dude was barely top 5 in Wu. Shyt if you count Cap and Shyheim he might not even make it.

MMM

Daps
Reppin
UK
Rae is good but I'm talking about RUNS.....Rae had Cuban Linx then fizzled out with Immobilarity.....Meth has more guest spots, better flow, and an iller voice....

rae was arguably the best member on 36 and forever

cuban linx & ironman

all his guest verses, immobility was lyrically great too.

thats a way better run than meth imo

you could easily twist it too meth had tical then fizzled out but obviously thats not the case

Bumrush Bros.

THERES ONLY ENOUGH ROOM FOR 1 LIL MAMA STAN HERE
Daps
Reppin
Reston VA
Rae is good but I'm talking about RUNS.....Rae had Cuban Linx then fizzled out with Immobilarity.....Meth has more guest spots, better flow, and an iller voice....

true but meth has very little substance, dude just doesn't say anything. Cuban Linx is one of my favorite albums ever and Immobilarity was trash. I remember he had a story track on the album that was so fragmented and sloppy you couldn't follow it :mindblown:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say it's more 95-99 when he started killing every guest spot & verse he had...

93-94 he was good, but he'd still be on some "tawt i taw a puddy tat" shyt & ribbiting on songs here & there

95 is when every guest verse started being :krs:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never forget how geek I was this came out

RZA using part of the Batman theme :ohlawd::dead:

:to: that's my childhood

Last edited by a moderator: