Can someone please explain to me the point of Kirby games?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They have been the same copy and paste game for a very long time.

There is no challenge, the big appeal is to be able to transform into the enemies but it doesn't change the gameplay or add any depth. The puzzles are mindless.

If you played one 2d Kirby you have played them all.

I just played the demo for the new Switch Kirby and I'm sitting here like " this is the game Nintendo is going to give us a demo for" :gucci:

Watch this review in the 90+ range :comeon:
you saying this like you're not a grown ass man, playing a game that 3-5 year olds can beat... i don't think this was made for you breh

this would be like me complaining that all the legos games are the same.... well no shyt... bust up stuff, build stuff, do puzzles... two button game... i'm not gonna go out here and ask why it isn't harder or switch up more like dark souls

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Played it the another night with my nephew

Fun game, especially coop. I liked the 3ds one from a few years back. This one doesn't have the same highs as that. They should update the formula after this

Easy is fine but there's not much in the way of exploration or hidden content which takes away from the fun factor

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
you saying this like you're not a grown ass man, playing a game that 3-5 year olds can beat... i don't think this was made for you breh

this would be like me complaining that all the legos games are the same.... well no shyt... bust up stuff, build stuff, do puzzles... two button game... i'm not gonna go out here and ask why it isn't harder or switch up more like dark souls
I really made this thread to shyt on the gaming industry if they gave Kirby all great reviews like they do most Nintendo games:yeshrug:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I really made this thread to shyt on the gaming industry if they gave Kirby all great reviews like they do most Nintendo games:yeshrug:
I don't think many of the recent Kirby games have been doing too well critically tbh. I've never been a Kirby fan. But I remember my breh said to me, "So what's new about Mario Odyssey except for the fact they gave him a Kirby gimmick."

Had me like.."Uhhhh...fukk you buddy" :pachaha:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Again, I believe they grade on a scale. A Kirby with a 90 is not the same criteria as GTA 6

One of these you’re judging as a kiddie game with no expectations of graphics or innovative tech or real world realism.

I have to imagine these kid games / Nintendo games, are graded on a curve and compared to other games of the same type

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Again, I believe they grade on a scale. A Kirby with a 90 is not the same criteria as GTA 6

One of these you’re judging as a kiddie game with no expectations of graphics or innovative tech or real world realism.

I have to imagine these kid games / Nintendo games, are graded on a curve and compared to other games of the same type
But Rockstar would never put out that low quality of a game I feel.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

The scale is let’s highly rate Nintendo games while ignoring all the flaws and criticize every other game for those same flaws

This Kirby game by all account is repetitive, lazy and uninspired.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The scale is let’s highly rate Nintendo games while ignoring all the flaws and criticize every other game for those same flaws

This Kirby game by all account is repetitive, lazy and uninspired.
Its no classic, but it's still kinda fun breh. 75 is an accurate Metacritic for this

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What's crazy is, my wife loves Kirby and I was playing Return to Dreamland with her after she beat the game. That last boss stage with little to no fruit, life cut in half and attacks having more damage had us like :dwillhuh:. Don't get me started on True Arena. :martin:

On another note, Kirby on Smash Brothers is the ultimate cheat code. My kids be giving me that work with my own moves. :francis:

Kirby Star Allies Review: Take It Easy

I enjoy the game. I actually get a little ticked when I miss a puzzle piece. Some of the worst shyt is seeing your ally die and not being able to do anything about it. :mjlol:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Kirby Canvas curse was one of the best 2d platformers in recent years.

That is a game that could only be played with the DS.