Can someone explain what "you're Hard to read" means?

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:lupe:

Is it bad? should people strive to be easier to read? from the perspective of a woman of course.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It means she can't get into your head, you don't express your emotions when you're with her so she doesn't know how you feel when you're in her company.
It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Use that to your advantage.

Its bad....unless she likes the mysterious types
What if you're not even dating the girl in question?

I know it's true women like to read/decipher the the opposite sex, but what's the reason, and to extent do they go to try and "read" people?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Is it bad? should people strive to be easier to read? from the perspective of a woman of course.
It means she can't get in your head and control your actions like most women want to.

Real answer - Stop reading so much into it:ld:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The only sense I can get as to why someone would want to be able to read you is to find your motives, and likes/dislikes easily....it could be another way for her to say she is interested in you...or a warning saying that other girls might not be interested in you because they can't tell if you like them or not

Daps
What if you're not even dating the girl in question?

I know it's true women like to read/decipher the the opposite sex, but what's the reason, and to extent do they go to try and "read" people?

Same shyt applies. I don't like reading people because that can lead to me jumping to conclusions and other shyt but there are some that like to. I know guys that like reading girls, women are just better at it because of female intuition.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Same shyt applies. I don't like reading people because that can lead to me jumping to conclusions and other shyt but there are some that like to. I know guys that like reading girls, women are just better at it because of female intuition.
Tell me more about this female intuition, is it just a heightened sense of scrutiny? Or is it paranoia?

Do you find it useful? Has it always been effective? Ever been wrong? Serious question

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue

As someone who's been told the same thing, I don't mind a guy that's 'hard to read'. It makes me dig a little deeper and ask the right questions if I really care (assuming I was interested in dating). Hard to read actually took a lot of pressure off of me, because I could do my own thing without knowing all details (selfish? maybe a little).

But back to my original point- if someone is interested in getting to know you on a romantic or just friendship level, they will ask questions. It's up to you to reveal as much or as little as you'd like.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
Tell me more about this female intuition, is it just a heightened sense of scrutiny? Or is it paranoia?

Do you find it useful? Has it always been effective? Ever been wrong? Serious question

I think women, by nature, are more perceptive. We gather small details- what we choose to do with them is up to the woman. Some prefer to fly off the handle and assume things that may not be true, others take in information and use it to round out a complete story or situation.

I only find it useful when I truly have all of my facts- however, there have been several times where I knew DEEP down, that something was a certain way, and I chose to ignore it for whatever reason.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: it means someone can't find the strings to pull so you'll dance like a puppet for them.

There's even smug satisfaction in knowing someone will react the way one thinks they will under certain situations.

Are you a thug with a book? Then you fukked someone's world all up.

Daps

I don't know how to describe it, it's just a feeling. If I feel weird about a situation I'll back out. It's always effective and it's never wrong. It's the only thing I trust to be honest.

An example: My friend invited me out to a bar with his group of friends. I didn't have id but he was insisting on me going and I said to him I don't have a good feeling about tonight, I'm not going. The next day comes around, didn't him and his friend get into a fight at the bar and two out of the four ended up in jail for the night. :whew:

Another example: I was talking to my good friend's mom about her daughter's new bf. She told me how he helps around the house, he cooks, he smiles a lot and super friendly. I told her to keep an eye on him because something doesn't sit right with me about him. Months past and the bf was stealing money out of the mom's purse, sneaking out of the house while on house arrest (that's another story) and drew out about $3200 out of his gf's bank account using the empty bank envelope scam. I knew he was bad news from the get go.

Daps
I don't know how to describe it, it's just a feeling. If I feel weird about a situation I'll back out. It's always effective and it's never wrong. It's the only thing I trust to be honest.

An example: My friend invited me out to a bar with his group of friends. I didn't have id but he was insisting on me going and I said to him I don't have a good feeling about tonight, I'm not going. The next day comes around, didn't him and his friend get into a fight at the bar and two out of the four ended up in jail for the night. :whew:

Another example: I was talking to my good friend's mom about her daughter's new bf. She told me how he helps around the house, he cooks, he smiles a lot and super friendly. I told her to keep an eye on him because something doesn't sit right with me about him. Months past and the bf was stealing money out of the mom's purse, sneaking out of the house while on house arrest (that's another story) and drew out about $3200 out of his gf's bank account using the empty bank envelope scam. I knew he was bad news from the get go.
yet you're still an atheist.

*prays for this lost soul*