Can someone explain to me why Pokémon is such a big deal?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I was a huge pokemon fan. I recently got into the fangames since the official ones are easy as fukk now. But it's a no brainer why it's as popular as it is. Easily recognizable characters every generation for new players plus huge nostalgia factor for the older gens.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nostalgia, also it's just a fun little passive game experience. i been watching tiger king, football and even knocked out a couple podcasts while just running around grinding and beating up on weak ass trainers on the new one. :yeshrug:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Haven't played or completed a Pokemon game since Emerald and I was in middle school then. The designs of the Pokemon got stupid as hell after that. And I was done getting Nintendo devices as well so I wasn't going to play them even if I wanted to.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I’ve never played one before and the whole Pokémon phenomenon missed me when I was a kid so I’m still not sure why it’s such a big deal decades later.

From my understanding, it’s a game where you capture monsters and fight other monsters with the ones you’ve captured, is that it? How is it so popular? I can understand kids being into it but you’ve got millions of grown adults really into this shyt. What’s the reason?
same reason power rangers still is

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
it was ahead of its time ... the concept to play a game where you were a person playing a game inside of that

then they give you open world... under the condition that you have to train and battle a gym leader to go to the next town
so then you want to know what other animals are out there... whats the next gym etc

then you get stuck leveling up your lineup to be even and deadly which hooks you 5x longer
then you get the satisfaction when you wipe shyt out

Pokemon go brought it to another level with actual outside shyt and catching as certain times and places across the globe.... smarketing :youngsabo:

I only played the first ones though so I dont know about the multiple versions. Even off rip they ripped you off... they make 2 colors then want you to fight and trade with someone or buy both to be able to collect everything

its a fun time waster where the hours you put in show over time

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pokémon dropped by the time I was in 8th grade and nikkas were not feeling it lol. But Pokémon is like a lot of games that are popular and I really don’t have a clue why they would have huge followers. Like Animal Crossing a damn farming simulator sells millions :mjlol:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the adults that are into it are the kids who loved it when it came out
you catch and battle with the pokemon you can catch
The monsters range from cute to cool and it was family friendly looking enough to catch on
then they did an exceptional job with the franchising. Making cards and a tv show related to the game to capture on the hype of the game
this and much more makes it the most profitable ip of all time
Summed up perfectly