Can someone explain the point of NFTs?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You got to be kidding me.

NFTs have 0 utility, why are you comparing them to other things

it’s just a a unique code that you purchased that says you have something unique.

the idea that the code will later appreciate in value is a fukking scam

All the news stories that NFTs have been bought for a certain dollar amount are straight up “pump and dump” schemes

I pretty much agree with this. been saying this shyt is a scam from the jump along with most of those cryptos.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
The concept of provable legally enforceable digital ownership of something beyond closed ecosystems is a good one. NFTs ain't it. We got chicks selling fart jar NFTs. No you don't get an actual jar she farted in you get a cartoon picture of a jar. She actually was selling her farts in a jar but why do that when you can just sell a doodle of it?
Fart Jars NFTs - Imagine the smell!
In the NFT space this is as legitimate a business as any other business and provides just as much value as anything else. You never know. This could be worth millions one day. Better get in on the ground floor now before it takes off and goes to the moon.
:russ:

:mjlol:

:dead:

:pachaha:

Anyways, this shyt does seem like a scam, the only thing I can see this being used for is laundering money.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It's looking like multi level marketing status.
I actually think NFT took some of the crypto momentum

People were iffy on crypto but everyone sees the scam in this huge NFT push that it has made people sour on crypto as well

Superstar
Daps
Data storage, access, etc. the way it started (random ass jpegs) was useless, but it’s going to end up continuing to grow whether people like it or not. especially since there are now ways around gas fees (which should kill the random jpeg market and open the door for more data storage and transfer).

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Data storage, access, etc. the way it started (random ass jpegs) was useless, but it’s going to end up continuing to grow whether people like it or not. especially since there are now ways around gas fees (which should kill the random jpeg market and open the door for more data storage and transfer).
Please tell me why the fukk one would store data in the blockchain

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got to be kidding me.

NFTs have 0 utility, why are you comparing them to other things

it’s just a a unique code that you purchased that says you have something unique.

the idea that the code will later appreciate in value is a fukking scam

All the news stories that NFTs have been bought for a certain dollar amount are straight up “pump and dump” schemes

Really bizarre that @CrimsonTider is the one in here talking sense and Kami is talking through his ass, but here we are - NFTs are a scam and a fad. People have stopped giving a fukk about them already.