Can someone explain the logic behind spending money for "skins" in Fortnite

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I barely play the game but noticed that my lil cousin has literally spent hundreds on what are essentially just clothes on an Avatar. No new maps, guns, no DLC character with a new set of moves or unique gameplay modes are given to you for coming out of your pocket. Just clothes, dressup.

This sh1t is definitely the fidget spinner of 2018/19. I'll never fully comprehend the actions of people who spend more than $5-10 on a free game. She could have literally bought several games with the money invested in skins

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You have to be extremely out of the loop/living under a rock if you think this is a current thing or even a trend like fidget spinners... while games like League of Legends and DOTA 2 have made billions selling skins for half a decade

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's just microtransactions in general. These game companies see people shelling out hundreds of dollars for cosmetic skins, so they will never stop offering them.

Daps
Reppin
You have to be extremely out of the loop/living under a rock if you think this is a current thing or even a trend like fidget spinners... while games like League of Legends and DOTA 2 have made billions selling skins for half a decade
them sh1ts look like a click fest breh

clicking at 100mph just never appealed to me

but apparently a lot of ppl are into that so more power to em.

Fortnite is traditional run and gun so I get the appeal, I just don't get spending hundreds on "skins"

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
My kids love the game but I'm still trying to understand it. Can you earn VC without paying real money? Is there any upgrades for purchase that can make your weapons or your character stronger? Someone educate me

Daps
Reppin
My kids love the game but I'm still trying to understand it. Can you earn VC without paying real money? Is there any upgrades for purchase that can make your weapons or your character stronger? Someone educate me
to my knowledge the answer is nope, its all just dress up

but someone who plays this more than me can probably give a more accurate answer

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Its all vanity. Nothing you buy makes your character stronger. Just costumes and dances. Makes the game more fun for kids.

Lets say your kids win a game, they can do the cabbage patch dance for fun at the end.

Ive played the game a lot and i have not spent a dollar. But im an old man.

And you cannot earn VC without real money.

They have free things you can get by playing a lot though. Like a little costume addition here and there. But nothing major likemthe things you can buy.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My son actually asked about V bucks because he stayed over his house and brought that shyt to me. :beli:

I'm ultra sensitive to not setting him down the path of blowing money on video game cosmetics this early in his video game hobby - 8 years old.

Apparently, there is a way to earn V bucks - I'm researching as we speak - because I just don't feel comfortable with buying it.

How to Earn Free V-Bucks - Fortnite Wiki Guide - IGN

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
The only reason why i bought my battle passes is to support the game. Instead of spending 90 bucks on unfinished games then be pushed to buy dlc.