Can it be said that Timbaland is mainly responsible for the decline of good music?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nobody was foolin with these 4 on the floor, semi-techno/prgressive beats before '06 when he started droppin all those songs with Nelly Furtado and Timberlake. The radio was not dominated by a bunch of songs over 100bpms and there were still slow songs and other types of music.

Once that stuff started catching on, it was over with. Everybody bit that style and started using arpeggiators in every song and techno synths in every song, and music has been sped up since then to the point to where most ppl have been trained to predominantly only like fast music.

Everything you hear now from ppl like Chris Brown, Usher and even some rappers, is dumbed down techno with pop choruses. It might not all sound like those Timberlake/Furtado, etc songs, but it's the same roots.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
shut-up-fool-blogl1.gif

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
David Guetta is culprit for the way mainstream music is now. Every artist that's worked with him has incorporated his sound into their music:

Chris Brown worked with Guetta, the result= "Don't Wake Me Up" and "Turn Up The Music" even though neither is produced by Guetta, the influence is there

Usher works with Guetta, the result= "Sweat" and that's not produced by Guetta either, but the influence is there

Nicki Minaj worked with Guetta, the result= the majority of her new album including the one joint that was on Guetta's last album

The Black Eyed Peas' E.N.D. also influenced this wave of music also.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
David Guetta is culprit for the way mainstream music is now. Every artist that's worked with him has incorporated his sound into their music:

Chris Brown worked with Guetta, the result= "Don't Wake Me Up" and "Turn Up The Music" even though neither is produced by Guetta, the influence is there

Usher works with Guetta, the result= "Sweat" and that's not produced by Guetta either, but the influence is there

Nicki Minaj worked with Guetta, the result= the majority of her new album including the one joint that was on Guetta's last album

The Black Eyed Peas' E.N.D. also influenced this wave of music also.

All true, but I'm just saying that all before, music like this was confined to Europe/Austrailia. Remember when every slow R&B hit had a techno remix that was only popular overseas?

NuBlackRanger

LongTimeLurker
Daps
Reppin
OilCountry
Akon was a big player in bringin the sound you hear on the radio these days mainstream too. Him and Guetta I think more so than Timbo. Timbo's shyt was heatrocks compared to this shyt on the radio these days

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
Timbo isn't responsible. He jumped on the bandwagon once Guetta's tracks started blowing up, the result is garbage like that joint he just did with Ne-Yo.

JT and Furtado albums were dope

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Yeah Timbo played a big part in bringing that sound to America
but I don't give him any pioneering credit coz he only used that sound coz he saw how much it was poppin in Europe and all that

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
it's more black eyed peas and gaga

gaga got some of the girls (katy perry, nicki) lookin fukkin retarded lol

McPiff

#goat
Daps
lol @ comparing the dope tracks timbo and danja used to do 6 years ago to that trash everybody is on right now :beli:

hip hop fans gotta do better than that.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Unvoiced influence: That horrid, missing-the-point-entirely Crookers remix of "Day 'n' Nite." Once that blew up overseas, got imported, then blew up and almost completely overtook the original song in the US, that was when people started saying, "Hey, idiots will eat this garbage up! Let's make more of it!" and this horrible house period really started gaining traction.

That's not to say that it's all been terrible though. AraabMuzik's Electronic Dream was actually fantastic House-styled stuff.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
The turning point was Kanye jacking Daft Punk. As we all know, nikkas don't do anything until Yeezy teaches them. :thumbsdown:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Yeah Timbo played a big part in bringing that sound to America
but I don't give him any pioneering credit coz he only used that sound coz he saw how much it was poppin in Europe and all that

I have been saying this for a while. Euros > dollars. These guys are making big money when they go overseas. Its part of the change in music.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2