Can I get your thoughts on DMX?

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
I know he's a mere shell of his former self but this guy was brilliant at times:

For me, It's Dark and Hell is Hot was a classic, and he had some serious joints after that too. He had an energy and grittiness that no one had brought to the game before. Plus he was getting a new sound from Swizzy, and basically put RR on his back for at least the beginning. IIRC, he is the only dude who had two #1 rap albums in the same calendar year.

What does the Coli think about D? Laughable crackhead or supernova who fell off? Any chance Gunplay falls into the same trap? I had to ask because I haven't seen his name mentioned much around here and he was one of the guys who really got me into hip hop back in the day.

And who could forget this?

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Kids-Make-Crackhead-Drunk-Chase-Lazer-Like-Pet-Cat.jpg

RescueRonny

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#4 all time

great story teller

mad heart and soul into his music

mad gangsta

hard as fukk lyrics

classic NY G shyt

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
when i heard X for the first time i think it was on the Ma$e cd... then i heard em on Money Power Respect... and i was like who the fukk is this dude... bought Its Dark and Hell is Hot... and that Intro man.... wooooo shyt was soooo dope

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
One of the greats. Taken down by mental illness/drug addiction.

Unique flow and energy. The last verse on It's Dark and Hell is Hot is still :wow:
Slippin is still :wow:
That feeling you get when Blackout comes on :wow:

Too bad about the drugs and crazy though.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
One of my favorite rappers, I relate to the man because of the stuggles he went though, I don't have the same issues as him but have similar amounts of pain.

Slippin is one of my favorite Hip Hop songs ever.

What's my name is a classic, that beat :ohlawd:.

The way the song starts off :wow:

Also my nikka Mike Tyson used some of DMX's songs for the intro for his fights, it sucks that he used "whats my name" to his fight with Lennox Lewis as we know, he lost that fight.

Also the silmaries with Pac :wow: A Pac/DMX collab would have been dope.

I love the announcer in this video below as called the DMX song Tyson came out to "Scary, Imposing" music lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
one of the greatest rappers of all time, I thank him for picking up and carrying hip hop when jay-z tried to sell it out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ruff Ryders Anthem is responsible for me getting into boxing and weight training, sh!t lit a fire. that song basically saved my life, no bullsh!t, lol. x a good dude, he's just haunted by his past. he probably needs therapy, like REAL therapy

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
heard him for the first time on 4321....I didnt even know his name cuz I wasnt sure who was Canibus and who was DMX.....All i knew is that dude probably had the illest voice I had ever heard at that point.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
DMX is my favorite rapper of all time. He will go down top 10 off the strength of his first three albums

Damn shame what drugs did to my nikka

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
real talk X top ten imo. its dark and hell is hot is top five album in my time imo. dude spoke from heart put his life in his music and ish was simple as **** but if you was in that area or that lifetime you could relate.i grew up in westchester round the same time so i mite be kinda biased but dude keep it funky all around the board...his music was his life and i respect that from any artist.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Top 30-40, doesn't really have any classic albums, not really consistent and the things most top rappers have. But in his peak he was a monster on occasion, great songwriter a better version of Jadakiss.