Can I avoid paying back student loans by leaving the country?

PabloEscobar

Banned
Daps
Anybody else ever consider this? I was considering maxing out my student loans and pursuing a globally in demand career and just bouncing, so i can :eat: around the world and not be in debt. Is this a legit way to get out of student loan debt. I dont give a fukk about never being able to come back to America. I planned on leaving the US anyways debt free or not...

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Ariana_Avon_Slap.gif

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Man, how much debt are you in?

Edit: I googled it and it seems quite a significant number of people are considering this. Old and young. Apparently it's a good idea if you can live a better life outside the country. Seems weird to me to run away from a debt, though.

PabloEscobar

Banned
Daps
Man, how much debt are you in?

no more than $40,000 atm, but who knows how much it'll be when its all said and done...I still dont even have a career/major i plan on pursuing and I am a junior mechanical engineering(im trying to switch out of engineerin). i always think about leaving the country, so why pay back all this money when i dont plan on staying...

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
no more than $40,000 atm, but who knows how much it'll be when its all said and done...I still dont even have a career/major i plan on pursuing and I am a junior mechanical engineering(im trying to switch out of engineerin). i always think about leaving the country, so why pay back all this money when i dont plan on staying...

Mindblowing. Paying back your debts is an honorable thing to do to me, especially if it went to help you out in the long run.

A few things I got from a quick google:

Earn more income with a 2nd or 3rd job
Refinance student loans to get a better overall interest rate
Consolidate student loans (also to get a better rate)
Apply for an Income Repayment plan
Cut household expenses wherever possible and throw the increased cash flow at the debt!

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
oh yea when you do leave stay away from those American Banks overseas. Cause if they a judgment against you, the feds can dip in your account no matter where you are.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Mindblowing. Paying back your debts is an honorable thing to do to me, especially if it went to help you out in the long run.

A few things I got from a quick google:

Earn more income with a 2nd or 3rd job
Refinance student loans to get a better overall interest rate
Consolidate student loans (also to get a better rate)
Apply for an Income Repayment plan
Cut household expenses wherever possible and throw the increased cash flow at the debt!

Man half my debt is from paying $1,500 a gen ed class for knowledge I don't need that I could have found on the internet :aicmon:. I feel OP, universities been pimpin us for years, anyone who can beat the system I :salute: