Can buddism save black Americans?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The thing about Buddhism is they tell you to eliminate anger to lead to elightenment..but why would you eliminate a perfectly healthy human emotion which anger is? So if some killer blows my mom away with a shotgun I'm not supposed to be angry? Like even animals like dogs get angry..

The whole idea behind Buddhism and eastern philosophies is to recognize the difference between illusion(this existence) and reality(ultimate conciousness). Anger is just one human emotion that needs to be controlled and kept in check. The fact that animals like dogs can't keep their emotions and instincts in check is the main difference between beasts and humans. Humans have the ability to reason and because of that escape from the cycle of death/rebirth is only possible through a human body.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
The whole idea behind Buddhism and eastern philosophies is to recognize the difference between illusion(this existence) and reality(ultimate conciousness). Anger is just one human emotion that needs to be controlled and kept in check. The fact that animals like dogs can't keep their emotions and instincts in check is the main difference between beasts and humans. Humans have the ability to reason and because of that escape from the cycle of death/rebirth is only possible through a human body.

Why would you need your emotions kept in check..idgi..emotions are natural ..so lets see..I can't get mad cuz I just got racially profiled tonite..I can't be fearful cuz some guy has a gun to my head and he's about to kill me..I can't be sad cuz my mom just died..

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps

Well stated, that animalistic nature indeed does need to be checked like you stated. This one of the reasons that Taoist advocate what is term as Wu Wei (acting without acting) @observe I know you are more than likely familiar with Bruce Lee, this is one of the reasons he said " I practice the art of fighting, without fighting" now to most it sounds like a Martial Arts principle associated with Jeet Kune Do and the like (in some ways it is...for some), but its bigger than that.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
The thing about Buddhism is they tell you to eliminate anger to lead to elightenment..but why would you eliminate a perfectly healthy human emotion which anger is? So if some killer blows my mom away with a shotgun I'm not supposed to be angry? Like even animals like dogs and bears get angry if you fukk with their young...and that emotion is supposed to be bad according to Buddhism ..
Based on my research of Buddhism is that it argues that anger isn't lucid/clear for taking actions. You're caught up in the emotion and aren't thinking rationally. Also they say that in a past life, the one who killed your mother. Might have been your best friend or close to you in a past life. So everything is intertwined and connected. We're all one

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps

Based on my research of Buddhism is that it argues that anger isn't lucid/clear for taking actions. You're caught up in the emotion and aren't thinking rationally. Also they say that in a past life, the one who killed your mother. Might have been your best friend or close to you in a past life. So everything is intertwined and connected. We're all one

Paz mi Hombre, what both of you are referring to as it pertains to the emotional aspect is referred to as the 5 Skandhas

1. the material group
2. the feeling group
3. the perception group
4.the conscious group
5..the mental-construction

#5 coincides with #2

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Paz mi Hombre, what both of you are referring to as it pertains to the emotional aspect is referred to as the 5 Skandhas

1. the material group
2. the feeling group
3. the perception group
4.the conscious group
5..the mental-construction

#5 coincides with #2
Buddism really gives a different perspective on life

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Why would you need your emotions kept in check..idgi..emotions are natural ..so lets see..I can't get mad cuz I just got racially profiled tonite..I can't be fearful cuz some guy has a gun to my head and he's about to kill me..I can't be sad cuz my mom just died..

You can but if you let those emotions consume you, you lost.