WlHKh2L.png
:mjgrin:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Labour MP threatened after defending Black Lives Matter protests

Dawn Butler, the former shadow women and equalities minister, has gone to the police after being threatened with a torrent of violent and racist abuse for defending the Black Lives Matters protests.

Butler, the Labour MP for Brent Central, was sent dozens of aggressive emails over the weekend, after she wrote in a newspaper article that attempts to blame protesters for a second coronavirus peak was a cynical attempt to suppress demonstrations.

One email said: “There will come a time when you can’t breath[e], and we will all be happy, ” followed by an abusive term.

Another person wrote to say “come the revolution you will be one of the first”, while another said she was from “Londonistan”. Others compared the protesters on Saturday’s march to animals.

Butler wrote in the Metro on Saturday that if there were another peak of Covid-19, the government would be to blame.

“Where was their anger when we saw people flock to the beaches in Devon, Cornwall, Brighton? Or even their indignation when people were forced to cram on to the tube and buses to get to work? The fact that so many people are willing to take to the streets at this time to stand up against racism shows the strength of feeling and the importance of this critical moment.”

Butler has regularly suffered racist abuse and has also spoken out about being mistaken for a cleaner in a lift in parliament. As a former frontbencher under Jeremy Corbyn, she led on a campaign to set up an emancipation educational trust to put historical injustice, colonialism and the role of the British empire on the national curriculum.

Diane Abbott, the former shadow home secretary, responded to Butler online. She tweeted: “A couple of years ago my staff stopped me opening my own mail in order to hide from me most of the racist and abusive stuff. But I know they have been reduced to tears by some of the stuff they have seen.”

The Conservative peer Baroness Sayeeda Warsi shared on social media an email she had received, which said: “Who gave you immigrants not native to Britain the right to dictate to us British, values and history. Sod off back to your own country of mud huts.”

The sender of the email said Tommy Robinson and Britain First would soon become a political force as the British people were waking up to the riots being caused by immigrants.

In response, Warsi tweeted the hashtag #blacklivesmatter.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Labour MP threatened after defending Black Lives Matter protests

Dawn Butler, the former shadow women and equalities minister, has gone to the police after being threatened with a torrent of violent and racist abuse for defending the Black Lives Matters protests.

Butler, the Labour MP for Brent Central, was sent dozens of aggressive emails over the weekend, after she wrote in a newspaper article that attempts to blame protesters for a second coronavirus peak was a cynical attempt to suppress demonstrations.

One email said: “There will come a time when you can’t breath[e], and we will all be happy, ” followed by an abusive term.

Another person wrote to say “come the revolution you will be one of the first”, while another said she was from “Londonistan”. Others compared the protesters on Saturday’s march to animals.

Butler wrote in the Metro on Saturday that if there were another peak of Covid-19, the government would be to blame.

“Where was their anger when we saw people flock to the beaches in Devon, Cornwall, Brighton? Or even their indignation when people were forced to cram on to the tube and buses to get to work? The fact that so many people are willing to take to the streets at this time to stand up against racism shows the strength of feeling and the importance of this critical moment.”

Butler has regularly suffered racist abuse and has also spoken out about being mistaken for a cleaner in a lift in parliament. As a former frontbencher under Jeremy Corbyn, she led on a campaign to set up an emancipation educational trust to put historical injustice, colonialism and the role of the British empire on the national curriculum.

Diane Abbott, the former shadow home secretary, responded to Butler online. She tweeted: “A couple of years ago my staff stopped me opening my own mail in order to hide from me most of the racist and abusive stuff. But I know they have been reduced to tears by some of the stuff they have seen.”

The Conservative peer Baroness Sayeeda Warsi shared on social media an email she had received, which said: “Who gave you immigrants not native to Britain the right to dictate to us British, values and history. Sod off back to your own country of mud huts.”

The sender of the email said Tommy Robinson and Britain First would soon become a political force as the British people were waking up to the riots being caused by immigrants.

In response, Warsi tweeted the hashtag #blacklivesmatter.

Them cacs ain't gonna do shyt

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They always throw their little hissy fits and temper tantrums when you stand up for yourself and they can't control you.

Dawn Butler closes office after bricks hurled through window and staff attacked | Metro News

Labour MP Dawn Butler has closed her constituency office after her staff were attacked and bricks were hurled through the windows. The Brent Central MP said threats against her and her staff ‘drastically escalated’ after she began speaking out about the Black Lives Matter movement, and the impact Covid-19 is having on Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities. In a letter to constituents, Ms Butler said spiralling rent costs and a ‘continual security risk’ to her staff – who are working from home as they can’t socially distance inside the small office – has forced her to abandon the premises, which she opened in 2015. The former shadow women’s and equalities minister said she continues to ‘receive on an almost daily basis threats of violence and death threats’.

She revealed police arrested one person last month and are ‘pursuing others’ following a spate of incidents at the office in Willesden, north-west London. Visit our live blog for the latest updates: Coronavirus news live ‘My staff have been attacked in the office, verbally assaulted coming and going from work, bricks have been thrown through the windows and the frontage has been smashed,’ she wrote. ‘I have had to work extensively with police and security staff to simply try and create a safe working environment for my employees. ‘Many of these incidents were not made public in order to not encourage copycat attacks.’

A missile was thrown through Ms Butler’s constituency office window in July 2018, and she went to police last month over racist and violent abuse she received for defending anti-racism protests. One email reportedly threatened ‘Come the revolution you will be one of the first’. In the letter, Ms Butler stressed she is ‘dealing with more constituency cases than ever before’ and will continue to hold surgeries in venues around Brent. She added: ‘I will never be threatened into silence and will continue to speak out and speak up for all of my constituents in Brent Central. ‘The work that I do as your Member of Parliament will continue and the closure of the Willesden office will make no substantive difference to those individuals seeking my assistance.’

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Dawn Butler apparently reported to police for celebrating ‘melanin’ in Labour government​

Aletha Adu
Wed, 10 July 2024 at 6:40 pm BST·2-min read

<span>One of the photos that Dawn Butler posted on X.</span><span>Photograph: @DawnButlerBrent</span>

One of the photos that Dawn Butler posted on X.Photograph: @DawnButlerBrent
Dawn Butler has said she “won’t be silenced” over celebrating ethnic minority representation after she appeared to have been reported to the police online for praising the Labour government “showing off the melanin”.
After Monday’s meeting of the parliamentary Labour party, attended by all 411 MPs, Butler posted the phrase with three photographs on X, one of which featured her with eight colleagues: Kim Johnson, Zarah Sultana, Bell Ribeiro-Addy, Apsana Begum, Florence Esholomi, Juliet Campbell, Miatta Fahnbulleh and Taiwo Owatemi.

Responding to the post, a user replied: “Just imagine if a white MP celebrated the lack of melanin in a group photo..?
“@Keir Starmer are you ok with party racism? @metpoliceuk how about you? You’ve just lost my respect because I thought you were about the UK not just one demographic.”
Butler told the Guardian: “We often talk about having to ‘see it to be it’, and how representation matters. But for some when colour is mentioned they get offended. And expect me to be silent. I celebrated that Rachel Reeves is the first female chancellor of our country, so why can’t black and brown people be celebrated too?”
After making the post, the following day Butler said on X: “This ruffled a few feathers someone even reported me to the police. Honestly I can’t stop laughing. My morning message to those people is, get used to me celebrating my greatness, I will not play small to make you feel better about yourself.”
The Metropolitan police have been contacted for comment.
It comes after Starmer unveiled his new cabinet, which has the highest number of state-educated and female ministers in history.
Overall, a record 89 minority ethnic MPs were elected to parliament but the foreign secretary, David Lammy, remains the only black cabinet minister in Starmer’s government, which has prompted concern on Labour benches.
Starmer’s cabinet will also have two ministers of Asian descent: Shabana Mahmood, one of the UK’s first Muslim female MPs, as justice secretary, and Lisa Nandy as culture secretary.
Diane Abbott, who officially became the new mother of the house on Wednesday, also celebrated the growing number of female MPs. “When I was a new member in 1987, there were only 40 female members of parliament. Today we have 264, and some of us are glad that we have lived to see this,” she told the Commons.
“And I can’t speak about the increased numbers of female members of parliament without referencing my predecessor, Baroness Harriet Harman, who did so much to work to have an equal and diverse house.
“We are going into very tumultuous times, and, historically, this house has played a role in these events both nationally and internationally. And I’m sure it will be the same going forward.”

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
:laff::laff::laff:

Edit: Is she one of the "All minorities are people of color" types? Why didnt she mention any racism against black people and jump straight into arabs:patrice:?
Maybe cos that would have been too easy, cacs were expecting her to mention racism against her own people and were always ready to respond. She moved different and scrambled they brains.