Call Me By Your Name

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
This will probably be this award season’s darling...it’s basically a white Moonlight. The lead actor was A1...will probably become a star from this movie. Cinematography was great...it felt like a secondary love story to Italy. The dialogue was masterful...opened my eyes as to how a writer/director can convey a message through its characters.

But...

I couldn’t help but be distracted by the wild pedo vibes. a 17yo boy and a 30+yo man just ain’t cool. I’m surprised this isn’t more controversial...maybe why it’s only a very limited release?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This is definitely going to get best picture nominations from all that I’ve heard so far.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Also has a song the LBGT community is already “crying” over.

Mystery of Love by Sufjan Stevens. I think it was specifically written for this movie.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This will be way too much for many, esp. on here.....I thought it was stunning. I just got back, it's the highest quality of movie that can be made, truly amazing work from everyone involved.

Daps
I watched this because I love Timothée Chalamet and I heard fantastic reviews about this movie. After watching it this weekend I was really underwhelmed and disappointed. I don't see what's s breathtaking about this movie, granted I never read the book, so I might be missing something but imo it was lowkey boring.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Finn da gawd is getting Oscar buzz?:dwillhuh:

I've been catching up on a lot of movies (just watched mother!:wow:) and I saw the screener for this. I might have to peep off the strength of da gawd:lupe:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finn da gawd is getting Oscar buzz?:dwillhuh:

I've been catching up on a lot of movies (just watched mother!:wow:) and I saw the screener for this. I might have to peep off the strength of da gawd:lupe:

He's also on Lady Bird and has kind of a similar role than in Homeland :wow:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I might watch this only because I love Italy so much.

White Moonlight? :comeon:

OP out of pocket for saying shyt like that.:ufdup:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I might watch this only because I love Italy so much.

White Moonlight? :comeon:

OP out of pocket for saying shyt like that.:ufdup:

:yeshrug: that’s the vibe I got. Artsy movie about a masculine gay relationship...

Apparently in the book, the two are closer in age (17 & 24) which makes the idea more palatable. The casting in the movie (21 & 29) makes it worse since the younger one looks extra young...and Arnie looks older than he is.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I believe the Oliver character is supposed to be like 25, in the movie as well, even if Hammer looks closer to early 30's.

I wouldn't say White Moonlight, because Moonlight went deep into into class, gender, social issues, inequality, this is pure romance and love story.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This was absolutely beautiful, no comparison to Moonlight at all outside of both movies being coming-of-age stories about homosexuality. This film is all about romance, the tease of people in love and it is filled with wonderful detail. Luca Guadagnino was already high on my list after the criminally unappreciated A Bigger Splash, and here he solidifies his position as an absolute craftsman.