California dreaming to lake effect legacy: 2024-2025 Chicago Bears 🐻 season thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really seems like the only thing that will hold him back is general team ineptitude and Poles is not that so these are beautiful times

that throw to Kmet is a lot crazier than it seems crodie run full speed one way throwing darts :blessed:
the offensive line is concerning - already seeing injuries and we lack depth

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the offensive line is concerning - already seeing injuries and we lack depth
Which is crazy knowing this should have been a major point of emphasis leading into Caleb's era

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I can tell he has the special traits. It's very clear what he does out there will enormously contribute to winning big games. It's not shown here but dude had a scramble that generated an insane amount of time for players to get open and at the very last second he stepped out of bounds because there was nowhere to go with the football. To me just means he's going to be finding a lot of people for big plays. Then of course he has the arm to take advantage of opening windows.

In terms of it being a vacuum and trait-wise, I do think him and Mahomes are basically cut from the same cloth. Really gifted eyes, arm, scrambling, processing (pre and post-snap), feel (that no look pass at 0:46 was something), etc. To me that no-look on the run was more impressive than the no-look shovel pass.

The tricky thing though about the Mahomes comparisons is Mahomes got somebody on that sideline named Andy Reid and that guy is equally as enormous of a contributor to KC's success (especially with his background as an Offensive Line Coach). Not to mention Spags keeping it close for late game heroics. Like other folks have said, it's really going to matter on two things now: staying healthy and front office.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can tell he has the special traits. It's very clear what he does out there will enormously contribute to winning big games. It's not shown here but dude had a scramble that generated an insane amount of time for players to get open and at the very last second he stepped out of bounds because there was nowhere to go with the football. To me just means he's going to be finding a lot of people for big plays. Then of course he has the arm to take advantage of opening windows.

In terms of it being a vacuum and trait-wise, I do think him and Mahomes are basically cut from the same cloth. Really gifted eyes, arm, scrambling, processing (pre and post-snap), feel (that no look pass at 0:46 was something), etc. To me that no-look on the run was more impressive than the no-look shovel pass.

The tricky thing though about the Mahomes comparisons is Mahomes got somebody on that sideline named Andy Reid and that guy is equally as enormous of a contributor to KC's success (especially with his background as an Offensive Line Coach). Not to mention Spags keeping it close for late game heroics. Like other folks have said, it's really going to matter on two things now: staying healthy and front office.

Right. 4th and 3, in the Redzone of a preseason game and a good drive going for Caleb, and they kick a field goal

:unimpressed:

Andy Reid is 100% going for it in that scenario because of the overall confidence it starts to build. Instead, Waldron and Flus run it on 3rd down and settle for a FG. Why? It's the damn preseason.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Right. 4th and 3, in the Redzone of a preseason game and a good drive going for Caleb, and they kick a field goal

Andy Reid is 100% going for it in that scenario because of the overall confidence it starts to build. Instead, Waldron and Flus run it on 3rd down and settle for a FG. Why? It's the damn preseason.
kicker need reps too :manny:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I think Andy would do whatever he would do in the regular season in that scenario, which is likely kick the FG. Thats a weird one to call out IMO. They need to work on their FG routine, they have a new placeholder that doesnt have a ton of experience either in Tory Taylor. Those reps are important too

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
kicker need reps too :manny:
I think Andy would do whatever he would do in the regular season in that scenario, which is likely kick the FG. Thats a weird one to call out IMO. They need to work on their FG routine, they have a new placeholder that doesnt have a ton of experience either in Tory Taylor. Those reps are important too