Cali brehs, any advice on getting a concealed carry license in California?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
As many of you know, I've been homeless for about a week now. I'll be back on my feet again in a a week and a half though, and things should go back to normal after that. While being homeless, I've noticed the disdain that people look at me with, especially the Arabs, Indians and CAC men. If you've ever lived in California, you know how these groups view homeless black men. As a result, to protect myself, I've decided to get a concealed carry permit. I'm already familiar with weapons handling and the deadly force triangle and all that (I used to stand watch a lot in the military with an M15 and 9M). I just want to know what pointers yall can give in this process. What should I be careful with etc. shyt that chatGPT wouldn't really know. I dont want to get a concealed carry license only to have the cops called on me then get shot by the same cops who respond to the situation because "he has a gun".

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm going to guess they don't generally grant these to homeless people.

Where are you being homeless at? You're in SD right?
Yeah I'm in SD. I have a P.O. box so its not really obvious that I'm homeless. Got a gym membership and everything. Only thing is that I haven't gotten a haircut in 2 months, so I look disheveled.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Get a guard card and say that you work in a high risk environment with lots of minorities on your application

Odds are the police station will still deny you but worth a shot

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
As many of you know, I've been homeless for about a week now. I'll be back on my feet again in a a week and a half though, and things should go back to normal after that. While being homeless, I've noticed the disdain that people look at me with, especially the Arabs, Indians and CAC men. If you've ever lived in California, you know how these groups view homeless black men. As a result, to protect myself, I've decided to get a concealed carry permit. I'm already familiar with weapons handling and the deadly force triangle and all that (I used to stand watch a lot in the military with an M15 and 9M). I just want to know what pointers yall can give in this process. What should I be careful with etc. shyt that chatGPT wouldn't really know. I dont want to get a concealed carry license only to have the cops called on me then get shot by the same cops who respond to the situation because "he has a gun".

You're in SD county which should do you favors in terms of getting a CCW.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Are you enstranged from your African parents or something?
Swallow your pride and call em for help before you end up homeless for real for real

Them streets ain't no joke

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Get a guard card and say that you work in a high risk environment with lots of minorities on your application

Odds are the police station will still deny you but worth a shot
???
How are all of these CACs able to get concealed carry so easily then?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Damn, you Homeless, in your right mind AND ex military?

They don't have programs for housing for y'all? That's foul!

:francis:
I had a family emergency and a credit card to pay off. I'll be back on my feet in a week and a half though. On top of that I'm moving

Last edited:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It takes about 6 months at least, unless you live in a super conservative county. You have to apply with your local sheriff. You then take a classroom course and range practice; 16 hours total, if I remember correctly. You also need three character reference letters. They can't require you to prove "good cause" anymore.

I don't know if a PO box will cut it as proof of residency in the county. You may be out of luck.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
It takes about 6 months at least, unless you live in a super conservative county. You have to apply with your local sheriff. You then take a classroom course and range practice; 16 hours total, if I remember correctly. You also need three character reference letters. They can't require you to prove "good cause" anymore.

I don't know if a PO box will cut it as proof of residency in the county. You may be out of luck.
The laws for self defense must be ass

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The Family that had the Emergency wouldn't let you crash at the crib right Quick?

Personally, I'm too prideful to ask anyone for ANYTHING, I wish you the Best, it's hard out here.

:mjcry:
That's part of the reason. I always tell them that everything's fine. Been doing my own thing ever since I enlisted.