Calf muscles

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall I'm pretty much where I want to be when it comes to aesthetics, but my calfs could use some....a lot of work. I wasn't blessed like some dudes who naturally got those big calfs. What are some workouts y'all do to really work your calfs?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Running on the balls of my feet developed my calves. They are pretty defined considering the fact I don't do any isolation exercise for them.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Calves are a muscle where you either have them or you don’t. You can do a little bit to define them but that’s about it.

Look at Mike Rashid. Dude is a tank everywhere except calves

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I got my calves from cycling (bicycle) over the years.

I think it takes high volume to get calves...
...or be Asian.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
If you got shytty calf insertions, you can only do so much.

I have high calf muscles so the lower 1/2 of my calves, ain't no damn muscle to work out :damn:

But I've seen dudes with even worse situations. Calves look like they were born without muscle there.

Then you got the genetically blessed whose calf muscle starts damn near at their ankle. It is what it is. I think people with shorter legs have bigger calves, I'm a short dude but my legs are like 2/3 my body. Whereas I've seen people more proportional, like half lower body, half upper.

Don't worry yourself about it too much, people without real knowledge of bodybuilding always like to point out calves if you are solid in every other area. It's the only way they can poke fun at you or make themselves feel better about themselves.

e001

Superstar
Daps
I've accepted the fact that I'm built like Jon Jones.