Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
It's cause she's white and White America made her somewhat of a symbol to rally behind especially after that thing between her and Reese because before that nobody cared about her or even followed Iowa basketball, to begin with.

When white people like someone or something, more often than not, the ratings will skyrocket and it's so obvious. No doubt she's a talented player but, I've seen so many comments on Facebook and YouTube from a lot of people, white in particular claiming her as the GOAT women's basketball player and even shytting on legendary Black female ballers.

There was a post by ESPN a week ago revisiting Lisa Leslie's 100+ point game she had in high school and so many people especially White were in disbelief (making claims it's fake, etc) and very transparent in saying whatever to make Caitlyn some sort of the gold standard women's basketball player.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It's cause she's white and White America made her somewhat of a symbol to rally behind especially after that thing between her and Reese because before that nobody cared about her or even followed Iowa basketball, to begin with.

When white people like someone or something, more often than not, the ratings will skyrocket and it's so obvious. No doubt she's a talented player but, I've seen so many comments on Facebook and YouTube from a lot of people, white in particular claiming her as the GOAT women's basketball player and even shytting on legendary Black female ballers.

There was a post by ESPN a week ago revisiting Lisa Leslie's 100+ point game she had in high school and so many people especially White were in disbelief (making claims it's fake, etc) and very transparent in saying whatever to make Caitlyn some sort of the gold standard women's basketball player.
This thread was made before that game

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This thread was made before that game
I know that.

Speaking after that is where my comment stands.

It doesn't change the obvious fact behind her resurgence. If Caitlyn was Black doing the same things, she'd just be another great player, not looked at as the “prototype” or paraded around as a GOAT.

Caitlyn's a great player but I've seen this before similarly in terms of media coverage and overzealous fanfare with Breanna Stewart.

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I know that.

Speaking after that is where my comment stands.

It doesn't change the obvious fact behind her resurgence. If Caitlyn was Black doing the same things, she'd just be another great player, not looked at as the “prototype” or paraded around as a GOAT.

Caitlyn's a great player but I've seen this before similarly in terms of media coverage and overzealous fanfare with Breanna Stewart.

You not wrong in the sense that Caitlin’s skin color plays a part in her popular, also the fact that she plays at a school in the middle of the country.

That said, her unlimited range as a shooter is what made her popular in the first place, she was getting Steph comparisons way back when.

Now we’ll see what happens when JuJu comes close or even breaks Caitlin’s record if she stays in college for a number of years.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For the pawg worship. They are favored by almost 40 points. In no other circumstances would a game that is expected to be a complete mismatch be nationally televised, but some people don't realize when they're caught up in hype.

:gucci: THE SOUTH CAROLINA AND LSU GMS
WERE JUST ON ABC YESTERDAY.

WHY WOULDN'T WOMENS BB
PUSH THEIR BEST TEAMS?

:devil:
:evil:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If that was what mattered then it'd be a team photo. The stars are the attraction.
and that's why women's college ball is becoming more and more popular.

The fukkin STARS stay in school and now that they can get NIL deals (that pay more than WNBA salaries or close to it), they STAY all 4 years.

The men's side has been going down for years due to one and done. While I don't blame the brothas for going to the league and getting that direct on the job training, it has made men's college hoops not as enticing to watch on the regular like it used to.

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps

:gucci: THE SOUTH CAROLINA AND LSU GMS
WERE JUST ON ABC YESTERDAY.

WHY WOULDN'T WOMENS BB
PUSH THEIR BEST TEAMS?

They had a whole selection of 1st round games to choose from ... and women's basketball is super deep now, right?

And yet, they chose the biggest national TV time slot to air the biggest mismatch? Instead of a more even match up? That doesn't make sense and doesn't happen for any other sport; it's so obvious why.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They had a whole selection of 1st round games to choose from ... and women's basketball is super deep now, right?

And yet, they chose the biggest national TV time slot to air the biggest mismatch? Instead of a more even match up? That doesn't make sense and doesn't happen for any other sport; it's so obvious why.

LSU WAS IN THIS SAME SLOT
YESTERDAY ON THE SAME CHANNEL.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

white people online will always talk and pop shyt and be :mjpls: . Nothing new.

but ratings are continuing to rise and probably won't stop.

people wanna see stars and of course a white american star is great for business (we know why), but it is what it is. :yeshrug:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Yesterday was a 2nd round game, with participants known 2 days beforehand. Saturday's had 6 days notice for an expected blowout.

S Carolina and UConn's 1st round games were on ABC nationally as well. Those were also expected blowouts. Not sure what you are saying or trying to say.

concise

Veteran
Daps
S Carolina and UConn's 1st round games were on ABC nationally as well. Those were also expected blowouts. Not sure what you are saying or trying to say.

S Carolina played Friday on ESPN.
Nobody here was hyping up UConn on here like they did Iowa all week.

What I'm saying is: White man's (and woman's) ice is colder.