Cac Weinstein (NYT) Doesn’t have to admit wrongdoing and doesn’t pay out of his own pocket

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
People dont read articles and are going to assume this was the rape case.

True but if he came to an agreement with the victims in the criminal trial, with the assumption that they would not testify against him. Then it looks way more likely that he walks. Look at how long this case has dragged on. Cosby got accused, indicted, tried convicted and lost an appeal while Weinstein is free.

He's being repped by Brafman who got diddy off that gun charge. The jew lawyer who will destroy your case like the Hoyas

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True but if he came to an agreement with the victims in the criminal trial, with the assumption that they would not testify against him. Then it looks way more likely that he walks. Look at how long this case has dragged on. Cosby got accused, indicted, tried convicted and lost an appeal while Weinstein is free.

He's being repped by Brafman who got diddy off that gun charge. The jew lawyer who will destroy your case like the Hoyas

I am not trying to get into a debate with you. I just posted those are civil cases for those who dont read articles.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It actually fairly standard for most corporations apparently. I just checked our declarations and we have it as well. :pachaha:
The women wanted money so they sued his company, which is then covered by the insurance. :yeshrug:
Technically dude didn't even come out of pocket ten years from now he's gonna be rehabiltated possibly abroad like Polanski was.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
How the hell does an insurance policy cover this settlement? :francis:
Umbrella policies for extended liability is specifically for lawsuits, and is essentially a legal blank check. A regular joe can get 1m-2m in this sort of coverage for $500-$700 depending on your insurance history.

Anyone who lives in Florida whose interest this piques hit me up :smugdraper:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the hell does an insurance policy cover this settlement? :francis:

Let me put you onto some game right quick. Corporate insurance policies can be structured to cover just about any kind of bad behavior - from intellectual property theft to sexual harassment and anything in between. Now obviously these cost a lot of money - the sky’s the limit on the premiums. But obviously the premiums are nothing compared to potential losses of one of your execs did some wild shyt and the victim sued the company.

Now, if you or I were working on our houses and did some stupid shyt like mess with the electrical without shutting power at the circuit breaker, causing a fire that destroyed the home, our insurance companies would probably fight or refuse the claim. They don’t give a fuk about the 2000 a year in premiums the avg homeowner pays. What they’re looking to avoid is setting some precedent that they’ll cover losses no matter how negligent the owner may have been.

Now. There is something called reinsurance. Essentially it’s an insurance policy for insurance companies. Insurance companies have to maintain a certain amount of reserves in cash to cover claims but they also take out insurance policies to protect themselves if they have to pay out a large claim. When you’re a business, paying tens/hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars annually in insurance premiums, the insurance companies do not want to lose you as a customer. So oftentimes even if the insurance company has grounds for deny a claim, they will just pay it by seeking coverage thru their reinsurance policy, just so they don’t lose you as a client. The reason is that they assume (correctly) that these are relatively rare occurrences. Even if they don’t seek coverage they their reinsurance policy they will slowly make it up through higher premiums going forward. The client is unlikely to fire them bc they feel some sort of loyalty and because any new insurance company will see their loss runs (basically history of paid claims by your company) and their premium will be SKY HIGH compared to your original company.