[Business Insider] Microsoft is building an ad program that will let brands advertise in Xbox

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Feel ya but the water analogy always annoyed me.

Cleaning the water cost money

It's an oversimplification of a resource that is plentiful. I agree but ultimately I believe that gamers will force publishers to be true to source material, whatever that is for a specific game while publishers continue to navigate ways to make more money. That part is inevitable. For for-profit companies, it is their job and obligation to make more money for their shareholders.

On a personal note, that's why I chose to only work non-profit companies. For-profits are supposed to get blood from a stone. I'm not saying that it is right or agree with that. I'm just going to be a realist here.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's an oversimplification of a resource that is plentiful. I agree but ultimately I believe that gamers will force publishers to be true to source material, whatever that is for a specific game while publishers continue to navigate ways to make more money. That part is inevitable. For for-profit companies, it is their job and obligation to make more money for their shareholders.

On a personal note, that's why I chose to only work non-profit companies. For-profits are supposed to get blood from a stone. I'm not saying that it is right or agree with that. I'm just going to be a realist here.

no doubt but with municipalities usually over the water purification process, it’s a lil different

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Every week I launch destiny there’s a pop up trying to get me to MTX.

We already have product placement.

maybe they’ll just Rotate out ads in game in these op world billboards.

bigger issues should be how they aggregate data to show if these ads are effective. :sas2:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I knew you'd make a thread on this and leave out key facts :mjlol:

Microsoft is reportedly working on a program that will let brands showcase advertisements within free-to-play Xbox games

Sources also told Insider that Microsoft doesn’t intend to take a cut of ad revenue, and will instead allow the game developer and advertising company to share the funds. It’s possible that Microsoft may just want to use this as a way to attract more developers of free-to-play games to the platform, as this would open up another stream of revenue outside of microtransactions.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
O u thought status quo was going to stay the same after dropping 70 bill on activision blizzard

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
2k been had ads in games. 2k isnt just on Xbox it’s on PlayStation also. So PlayStation been had ads in $60 games but y’all trying to make it seem like a Xbox exclusive or something

Microsoft is looking to increase the amount of ads devs can put into games. Big difference