Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
So 4 of the 5 African teams still have a chance to move to the next round.

CIV is for sure moving on and so is Naija. Algeria can defintely do it with Russia looking so unconvincing. Ghana just needs Portugal and Germany to beat USA and then handle Portugal. I don't know if either team can beat US though with that well organized D.:to:

So your schtick includes being on the bandwagon for sugar daddy teams yet stanning African teams who will never win a World Cup?

:what:

You're confused son, I'd recommend a lie down and coming back with a Netherlands or Costa Rica avy.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
So Eastern Europe is just getting fukked over :ehh:

Ref errors happens all the time :yeshrug:

Im just sayin it would suck (even more then usual) to be an Eastern European right now.

Croatia is NOT Eastern Europe :heh:

Yes it is.
You can call it Southeast Europe if you want but any country part of former Yugoslavia is East.

What you consider Italy then? I can literally get to Croatia from here in an hour and half

Central Europe is a part of Europe composed by the surface of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania, northern marginal regions of Italy and Yugoslavia (northern states- Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia) as well as northeastern France.

LMAO ! France is Western Europe breh. Ain't nobody from Picardie, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Lorraine or Alsace who'll claim "Central Europe".

Central Europe is a recent (15/20 years) invention to put Germany and the countries around (on which it has influence) in a region to determine its influence on the map because Germany was split in 2 (East/West) because of the Cold War. Eastern feelings from the East part of Germany (poorer, more industrial) was (and maybe is) still strong and there was no way that their culture, their identity was to be swallowed by the West. The "Central Europe" term came handy as it avoided some politically divided countries in the early 90s to be definitely labeled to an identity that around half of them was despising. Look at Ukraine atm, divided between pro West and pro Russia (East), well there is no way one of those camp will accept to live under the other one, or if it does, it's only to explode after a while so a third solution is the easiest (and more peaceful) one. That is "Central Europe".

The Western countries are the European old block as it is the core of the EU's creation. To make a long story short, look at the EU and its growth : pre 1995 (and Maastricht Treaty) are the Western countries and post 2004 additions are the Eastern countries.

Obviously, you could have a case if you mix cultures, languages or religions (northern orthodox cultures ; scandinavia ; southern/catholic ; latin-speaking ; anglo-saxons ; francophones ; celtic countries and so on) because the East/West is a political one but at this point, it wouldn't be East/West/Central. It would be 10 and even more different types of super regions because Europe is way too diverse to be divided in 3 definite blocks.

Many European countries share a part of their cultures with totally different countries due to the past invasions and the chaotic growth of Europe
For example, in France (which I know better than the rest), culture-wise :
- the Northern part is very close to Belgium
- the Western part is close to celtic cultures (UK)
- the Southeast part is mediterranean and close to Italy/Greece
- the Southwest part is more basque and close to (the Northern part of) Spain
- the Eastern part is close to Germany (annexed and de-annexed a number of times by the Germans)
- the Center is very french because it's the deep-down France.
- And Corsica which feel Corsicans.

Even inside the countries the identities diverge. I won't even talk about Italy or Spain for example because it's even worse than France. That's why when talking about Europe, objectively, you stop at West/East.

Agree to disagree :yeshrug:

europe_map_political.gif

ok but.. we can all agree both Croatia and Bosnia, both BALKAN teams, got screwed right? :patrice:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Aight callin it right now

Belgium 3 - Russia 1
Algeria 2 - S.Korea 2
US 1 - Portugal 4 :yeshrug:

barese

Pro
Daps
And what ?
Eastern Europe = former Soviet Union's influence

Ex Yugoslavia is Eastern Europe but it was non-aligned, not under Soviet Union.
We got a lot of money from Americans not to go under Soviet Union's influence :smile:
The organization was founded in Belgrade in 1961, and was largely conceived by India's first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru; Burma's first Prime Minister U Nu; Indonesia's first president, Sukarno; Egypt's second president, Gamal Abdel Nasser; Ghana's first president Kwame Nkrumah; and Yugoslavia's president, Josip Broz Tito. All six leaders were prominent advocates of a middle course for states in the Developing World between the Western and Eastern blocs in the Cold War. The phrase itself was first used to represent the doctrine by Indian diplomat V. K. Krishna Menon in 1953, at the United Nations

Central Europe is typically independent from East/West division, in ex Yugoslavia we usually talked about it in North/South division.
Slovenia is both Central and Eastern Europe in our usual division, although it does have a small part in the Balkans. The Balkans peninsula is Southern Europe, and it is geographically everything south of the Danube, Sava and Kupa rivers.
Croatia is usually considered Southern and Eastern Europe, although it has a small part north of those rivers.

Sorry, we from ex Yugoslavia just bring a lot of mess everywhere :smile:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I'd like to thank gawd. I'd like to thank the US national team, on both sides, namsayin. I'd like to tell Clint Dempsey to keep his mask on, we ridin' with him. And one other thing I'd like to say. Any breh out there wanna fukk with a team, that plays as a team, and don't wanna worry about that fakkit Ronaldo in all the videos, on all the highlights, crying when he loses... Come and root for the US Men's National team

suge-knight.jpg

:blessed: