Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
very impressed by the mexican team not to get shook by the crowd.they exposed these niccas.

now cameroon just need to do the same shyt and serve the brazilian team the lawse. i doubt it but it's possible.

this travis porter dennis rodman sisqo lookin soccer generation is soft..

Last edited:

hommeaetage

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
This Brazil team is better built as a counterattack team. If I were Scolari I would start Fernandinho and Hernanes, play Willian as a false 9. That would give the team more options on the offensive end while still keeping the solidity he wants at the back

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
logo_post_b.gif

Print Back to story
World Cup Produces Arrest of Mexican Drug Lord Going to Game
By Raymond Colitt and Arnaldo Galvao - Jun 17, 2014
Brazil arrested a suspected Mexican drug trafficker on his way to watch his national soccer team play in the World Cup. He bought a ticket under his name.

Jose Diaz-Barajas, 49, was arrested at Rio de Janeiro’s Tom Jobim airport last night as he boarded a plane to Fortaleza, where Mexico plays Brazil today, Luiz Cravo Dorea, head of international cooperation at the Federal Police, said. The world soccer governing body, FIFA, had informed police that Diaz-Barajas, who was accompanied by his wife and two children, held tickets, Dorea said. FIFA spokeswoman Delia Fischer declined to comment when asked by e-mail about its cooperation with the police.

“Barajas was one of the most sought traffickers in the United States,” Dorea told reporters in Brasilia. “He will remain imprisoned in Rio until his extradition to the U.S. is determined.”

Since taking office in 2012, President Enrique Pena Nieto has succeeded in rounding up leaders of Mexico’s top drug cartels after drug-related violence left more than 90,000 dead or missing since 2006. They include Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, the world’s most-wanted criminal, and Miguel Angel Trevino, the head of the Zetas Cartel.

Nab Kingpins
U.S. and international security agencies often beef up their presence in cities with large sporting events such as boxing and World Cup matches to nab kingpins who attend competitions, said Mike Vigil, a retired former head of international operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

“A lot of them are big sports fanatics,” Vigil said by telephone from Washington. “It’s a great time to apprehend these individuals.”

The Drug Enforcement Agency assisted in the arrest of Diaz-Barajas, said agent Joseph Moses, an agency spokesman.

Diaz-Barajas entered Brazil by land from Paraguay on June 11, according to the federal police. His arrest warrant was issued by Supreme Court Justice Marco Aurelio Mello, the police said in a statement.

Guzman, who gained fame after escaping from a high-security prison, built up the Sinaloa cartel, named after his home state, and is known for beheading enemies or hanging their bodies in public places.

Mexico’s government is also waiting for results of DNA tests that would confirm the death of Juan Jose Esparragoza, known as “El Azul,” the second-most-wanted leader of the Sinaloa cartel at large, according to a Mexican official who requested not to be named because the information is not public.

To contact the reporters on this story: Raymond Colitt in Brasilia Newsroom at rcolitt@bloomberg.net; Arnaldo Galvao in Brasilia Newsroom at agalvao1@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Andre Soliani at asoliani@bloomberg.net Harry Maurer, Randall Woods

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
very impressed by the mexican team not to get shook by the crowd.they exposed these niccas.

now cameroon just need to do the same shyt and serve the brazilian team the lawse. i doubt it but it's possible.

this travis porter dennis rodman sisqo lookin soccer generation is soft..

Cameroon is the worst team in this tournament.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
This Brazil team is better built as a counterattack team. If I were Scolari I would start Fernandinho and Hernanes, play Willian as a false 9. That would give the team more options on the offensive end while still keeping the solidity he wants at the back
Scolari is to stubborn to drop paulinho who has been useless..I know that cause he plays for my club spurs and is one the most frustrating players ever.
Also who picks luis gustavo over fernadinho who showed how good he is second half of the epl season

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
sur le papier australia was supposed to be worst, but their youngsters are doing well with bresciano and cahill

cameroon showed no heart and would've lost 3-0. greece are contenders but 3-0 was a bit flattering to colombia due to the last minute goal and it could've easily ended 2-1. cameroon were jsut useless the entire game.

hommeaetage

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Scolari is to stubborn to drop paulinho who has been useless..I know that cause he plays for my club spurs and is one the most frustrating players ever.
Also who picks luis gustavo over fernadinho who showed how good he is second half of the epl season

Scolari insists on playing 2 DM to give his team a defensive stability which I understand and agree with. That is something he has done in 2002, but he forget this team had 3 sacred monsters (Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo) up front who could deliver when nothing else was working.

Also, one of those DMs has to actually have the ability to link the defense to the attack which neither Paulinho nor L. Gustavo have shown the ability to. Hernanes on the other hand plays the role perfectly at Inter and can actually shoot with both feet and Fernandinho had a great 2nd half EPL. Don't even get me started on Fred and Jo :beli:. There's no way someone can tell me there are no better options than them

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Scolari insists on playing 2 DM to give his team a defensive stability which I understand and agree with. That is something he has done in 2002, but he forget this team had 3 sacred monsters (Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo) up front who could deliver when nothing else was working.

Also, one of those DMs has to actually have the ability to link the defense to the attack which neither Paulinho nor L. Gustavo have shown the ability to. Hernanes on the other hand plays the role perfectly at Inter and can actually shoot with both feet and Fernandinho had a great 2nd half EPL. Don't even get me started on Fred and Jo :beli:. There's no way someone can tell me there are no better options than them

Paulinho needs a dm who is rock solid someone like u said fernandinho to strive. Hernanes is a good choice cause hes two way player who can defend and attack so yeah i would perfer him over paulinho who showed nothing. Sadly there running low on strikers since diego costa picked spain. Jo is man city reject and fred is has been who did ok at ligue 1.