Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Ok, I don't watch soccer like that...but can someone give me a quick run down on the flopping situation? these dudes have no shame. is it ever discussed in soccer circles, or just with us fair-weather fans?
In MOST cases, what you're describing as flopping is actually a player in pain. I haven't seen too many cases of egregious dives so far. Other times you go down under a genuine foul but accentuate in order to get the ref to stop play faster, or force his hand. Smaller players seek protection from bigger players this way. Other times it's just fukk boys.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Ok, I don't watch soccer like that...but can someone give me a quick run down on the flopping situation? these dudes have no shame. is it ever discussed in soccer circles, or just with us fair-weather fans?

Think of it like the NBA...some teams/players are known for it more than others. They're not penalized enough for it and exaggerating contact is beneficial to getting the call. Pretty much same situation as baskebtall

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
there is an award at the FIFA gala in January for flop of the year. The winner gives a wonderful and emotional speech.