Bully Ray Says Who AEW Should Push More. Spoiler Alert, He's 100% Right!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He was an unproven commodity at the time. He’s shown his value and done it on live TV in front of the world. We all know what we see now.

And it don’t even have to be WWE. Impact is looking real good right now. He could be groomed into a world champion there.
He'd have to take a big pay cut to go to Impact. I read even these bottom of the roster people who are on essentially an NBA-style two-way contract are getting paid significantly more than what a full-timer in Impact is.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You really think so? He’s lower card over there so I doubt they couldn’t at the very least meet him, especially if they’re going to book him as a bigger star
Yes. Impact doesn't pay shyt. That's why they keep losing top talent. AEW jobbers make more than Impact full-timers.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
And go where? The reason Hobbs is in AEW in the first place is because WWE had no interest in him.

Not necessarily true. I've listened to an interview from Hobbs where he basically said WWE was stringing him along on whether or not they were going to sign him. Once he showed up on AEW TV (thanks to Cody for bringing him in), then WWE approached him with a contract offer. He turned them down because he felt like they only offered him to prevent him from signing with AEW which he ultimately did.

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
I wish Hobbs had thicker legs. These thin ones are holding him back from truly being a big meaty man.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
On AEW not investing in big men: “AEW is not a big man company. Tony Khan does not invest in big men, period. End of sentence. His company, his choice to do so. Every once in a while, yes, a … big man gets a little taste of something, but they don’t really focus on anybody. If it’s up to me, I’m focusing on Powerhouse Hobbs. I’m putting as much shine and spotlight on Powerhouse Hobbs as I am Moxley or CM Punk. Because he is an up-and-coming talent, [he] looks the part, is doing a better job speaking the part.

As a casual fan, I'm trying to figure out why I've only seen Hobbs in promos over the last month.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He was an unproven commodity at the time. He’s shown his value and done it on live TV in front of the world. We all know what we see now.

And it don’t even have to be WWE. Impact is looking real good right now. He could be groomed into a world champion there.
A Moose vs Hobbs feud? Yes, please.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hobbs just needs the Japan treatment. Send dude to Noah and watch miracles happen :banderas: . Dude would be the 4K remake of Bob Sapp.
If Giant Baba isn't running things; and Powerhouse can't work with Hansen or Gordy, then Hobbs doesn't need to go to Japan (unless he just wants to eat at Ribera Steakhouse).
Breh needs to perfect the American Hoss style before the modern Japanese try to turn him into another big flipper like Lance Archer or Wardlow.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hobbs and Starks were two of people Punk singled out as wanting to get pushed on Collision so pretty sure it’s coming with him kicking QT to the curb.

Hobbs is in the Punkerverse, so tell Phil to do the job then.

Punk, JR and Arn are Hobbs advocates. JR and Arn prop him up quite often
Even though all of that is true, none of those guys are in charge. Tony Khan is the one running the ship, and he prefers wrestlers with his physique.
Although everybody with a working set of eyes can see Powerhouse Hobb's upsode & potential, Will can unfortunately only go as far as Tony Khan will allow.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Even though all of that is true, none of those guys are in charge. Tony Khan is the one running the ship, and he prefers wrestlers with his physique.
Although everybody with a working set of eyes can see Powerhouse Hobb's upsode & potential, Will can unfortunately only go as far as Tony Khan will allow.
Punk got his own show, WBD specifically wanted him there, Punk essentially got to pick whoever he wanted to work with and against when he came back, Punk cucked his ass at the presser and has that man scared of Punk going off the rails again.

Punk has TK by the balls. Punk gets want Punk wants. If he wants Hobbs to get a push then Hobbs will get a push

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Punk got his own show, WBD specifically wanted him there, Punk essentially got to pick whoever he wanted to work with and against when he came back, Punk cucked his ass at the presser and has that man scared of Punk going off the rails again.

Punk has TK by the balls. Punk gets want Punk wants. If he wants Hobbs to get a push then Hobbs will get a push
Even if all of that is true, Tony Khan still signs CM Punk's paychecks. No matter how high Punk thinks he can fly, Tony Abdullah Rahim Khan can fire Punk or veto any ideas Punk has for "his" show.
No matter who the figurehead is, AEW Collision is owned lock, stock, and barrell by the Khans. Mr. Brooks has no ownership stake, and only as much say as his bosses give him.
That being said, the final say as to who gets pushed or de-pushed is solely and ultimately Tony Khan's.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Hobbs and Starks were two of people Punk singled out as wanting to get pushed on Collision so pretty sure it’s coming with him kicking QT to the curb.

if Hobbs is turning face (or Starks is turning back heel), I hope they pair them back together

And go where? The reason Hobbs is in AEW in the first place is because WWE had no interest in him.

WWE tried to sign him right around the time he started appearing on Dynamite, and his stock has only risen since then

You really think so? He’s lower card over there so I doubt they couldn’t at the very least meet him, especially if they’re going to book him as a bigger star

If the Impact salary numbers I've seen floating around are legit, he's probably already making noticabley more than their top stars