Bruhs I started working at this UPS job as a side hustle

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
And first off:pacspit: to Biggie I am mad that UPS was hiring. This job is deadass actually the worst thing ever like I knew this shyt would be aids, but this job is actually even worse than I thought:russ:. I took it as a little summer job as I just finished school and wanted something that was relatively easy to save money over the summer before approaching a real job. This shyt was hiring at $23 an hour if you show up all five days you scheduled and it’s 5 hour shifts from 10pm-3am, so I was thinking bet easy money and a little work out .Again I knew this was capitalistic UPS so I knew would be ass, but this shyt worse than I thought. These nikka expect you to unload 400 packages an hour:what: That is 7 per minute which with all there rules of building a wall that is physically impossible. There was no sort of training, it was just a rush to start working and have some nikka that’s probably younger than me “train me”. Most the management and hub leaders are kids my age who were probably tricked into thinking that getting$30-40 to boss nikkas around was cool, and they have no idea what they are doing:russ:. Oh yeah and coincidentally the first day I started working they made the pay go down to $22 an hour. How hasn’t the UN stepped in for human violations on this place :dead:, this place is the most depressing shyt you’ll see and I worked at a nursing home. On top of that you get a 10 minute break that’s not even ten minutes and as soon as the break is done your expected in your hub already, not walking to it but already there that’s a 5 minute break:mjlol:. I was thinking this could be a side hustle and I can have another job but for a 5 hour shift this shyt is:dahell:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I worked there during peak season. It wasn’t that bad. I was sorting though.
Nah son if your a loader this shyt is ass, these nikkas will try to have you here for an extra hour after your shift is supposed to done and it’s not like it’s overtime. I peeped today being this is my second week, and as soon as 3 hit I clocked myself out and didn’t even see my supervisor or anything. :russ:

Daps
Why you doing UPS in 2022? Log on to DoorDash I used to make $25 an hour in college, no boss. And that’s without me even trying. How y’all working these hard ass jobs in the gig economy? Unless you ain’t got a car then I understand.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Why you doing UPS in 2022? Log on to DoorDash I used to make $25 an hour in college, no boss. And that’s without me even trying. How y’all working these hard ass jobs in the gig economy? Unless you ain’t got a car then I understand.
Bingo no car, or else I would be an Uber or door dash or some easy shyt. I’m working towards a car

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Nah son if your a loader this shyt is ass, these nikkas will try to have you here for an extra hour after your shift is supposed to done and it’s not like it’s overtime. I peeped today being this is my second week, and as soon as 3 hit I clocked myself out and didn’t even see my supervisor or anything. :russ:
You should definitely be getting overtime after working 5 hours a day. That’s how it is where I was.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Capitalism :ahh:
The first day we had some little orientation , and this white dude comes into the office telling us how he was in school and quit school after working here. nikka said he has been working 28 years :russ: , Capitalism got these “bro” ass nikkas thinking skipping school to make cheap money is sustainable after you are past 25 . He was trying to sell on their pension for retirement, and in my head I was thinking “this job realistically will have you Larry Holmes status by 30, what is a pension at 65 going to do:what:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I worked at FedEx overnight my last two years of college. I’ve heard UPS is worse as them trucks get to be hell status in the summer. Only time I had to unload a truck was if I wanted OT, outside of that I was loading containers or sorting

Ain’t nothing like unloading a truck and some fakkit put a muffler at the top and that bytch come tumbling down on your ass. Also you see a container full of small 6 inch boxes thinking it’s gonna be light work and try to pick one up and realize that’s the heaviest fukking box you ever laid eyes on and can’t figure out what the fukk they put in there.

I know all about “building a wall” and “T-stacking”.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I worked at FedEx overnight my last two years of college. I’ve heard UPS is worse as them trucks get to be hell status in the summer. Only time I had to unload a truck was if I wanted OT, outside of that I was loading containers or sorting

Ain’t nothing like unloading a truck and some fakkit put a muffler at the top and that bytch come tumbling down on your ass. Also you see a container full of small 6 inch boxes thinking it’s gonna be light work and try to pick one up and realize that’s the heaviest fukking box you ever laid eyes on and can’t figure out what the fukk they put in there.

I know all about “building a wall” and “T-stacking”.
Bro I wanted to punch these little supervisor nikkas because while I’m working(I prefer being in my own space, working alone), this Lord Faquad looking white nikka will be in the trailer just rambling for 2 minutes about a cornerstone and making T’s while I’m just tuning him out. Like nikka shut up :skip::skip:, and go CAC it up somewhere else

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
So it is legit a decent side hustle as a sorter?

Got a homie trying to pay off his student loans
It’s cool, but idealistically your going to be drained regardless if it’s just a 5 hour shift. Plus the working environment isn’t one you look forward to, not saying any work is but usually you want your work site to be something neutral you feel about. You will actually most likely dislike this place, and I’m not someone who has much against much usually and I’m saying this

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I used to work at FedEx and did their sorts for like 7 months. I'm all to familiar with offloading the trucks and T-stacking all the packages in the aircraft containers. It was a big workout.